Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Rennsport Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
WOW,
what an event. Definitely something to put on the 'to-do' list.

Anyone here gone before?
Please share your Rennsport experiences. driving.gif
ArtechnikA
the 'buzz' is that the next event will be in 2006 on the West Coast - Laguna or California Speedway (Fontana) ...
Scott Carlberg
now THAT would be cool, though I was looking forward to going back to Florida.

thanks Rich
smg914
My wife and I spent 3 days at Daytona for the Rennsport Reunion II. It was the most awesome display of Porsches you could ever imagine. Counting all the street cars and race cars, I heard there was something like 3,000 Porsches at Daytona that weekend. It was like the Woodstock of Porsche's. It was an unbelieveable experience. Don't miss the next one.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(smg914 @ Jul 26 2004, 07:38 PM)
It was the most awesome display of Porsches you could ever imagine.

so here's the question for someone who was able to do both - was it bigger/better than Monterey 1998 ?
campbellcj
I missed BOTH events sad.gif but now that I've seen a lot of pics of these stellar gatherings, will make every friggen effort to attend the next.

It would really help to be independently wealthy and not have work obligations interfering with truly important activities cool.gif I was going to fly to Daytona this year for Rennsport but some lame BS shredded my plans confused24.gif

Do a search on the Pelican 911 board for links to some incredible picture archives...some of the cars on display at these events are only publicly shown every few YEARS.
Scott Carlberg
so is the event NOT held at Daytona every year then?

Laguna Seca in 2006 would be really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
carr914
The event at Daytona was the 2nd Rennsport. The 1st was at Lime Rock 3 years ago. Both were excellent events. The 1st at Lime Rock was more eventful (at least for Brumos Racing) as Fred Schwab wrecked their 962C and Paul Newman wrecked one of their 914-6s. The next Rennsport is being planned for 3 years down the road so that would put it at 2007.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 27 2004, 08:04 AM)
The next Rennsport is being planned for 3 years down the road so that would put it at 2007.

i rechecked my sources (my email archive is more reliable than my memory) and you are correct. 2007.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.