Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
so, i've checked out all the "popular" and "914 appropriate" wheels and im still not satisfied wink.gif

what exactly is the dimention of the wheels that will fit on a 914? as far as how far apart the lugs are and the offset, that is. im jealous that those rice boys have so much options for wheels and i have only Fuchs, cookie cutters, burners rivieras and a few.

now, im not gonna go ghetto and go all out to get spinners barf.gif but i want some more choices then the ones i listed above.

any ideas on the dimention?

thanks in advance
ArtechnikA
4x130mm BHC; 4-7/8" backspace.
enjoy.
lapuwali
The bolt pattern is 4x130mm, which is not a common one at all, outside the aircooled VW domain.
Mueller
You can add Revolution Wheels* and Panasports to your list of available 914 rims.

*see vendor section, I have a set of thier 17x7s...they also make rims in 15"
opera guy
hey mueller, when u coming down to upland? beerchug.gif
Mueller
not too sure...the wife gave me a "reprieve" a few weeks ago so I didn't have to go with her and her sister clap56.gif

I'm guessing another a few months before we head on down there...........
opera guy
cant find your ad mueller, link?
Mueller
Revolution Wheels

You'll have to search there website for 914 wheels, I believe they offer at least 2 styles if not more.
thomasotten
QUOTE(opera guy @ Jul 26 2004, 07:07 PM)
so, i've checked out all the "popular" and "914 appropriate" wheels and im still not satisfied wink.gif

im jealous that those rice boys have so much options for wheels and i have only Fuchs, cookie cutters, burners rivieras and a few.

"only Fuchs"? Not satisfied with Fuchs? I don't understand. confused24.gif You are talking about the best looking wheel ever designed (5-lug).
opera guy
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 27 2004, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE(opera guy @ Jul 26 2004, 07:07 PM)
so, i've checked out all the "popular" and "914 appropriate" wheels and im still not satisfied  ;)

im jealous that those rice boys have so much options for wheels and i have only Fuchs, cookie cutters, burners  rivieras and a few.

"only Fuchs"? Not satisfied with Fuchs? I don't understand. confused24.gif You are talking about the best looking wheel ever designed (5-lug).

i dont have 5 lug
Mueller
besides....everyone has Fuchs....granted, they are nice looking, but they are by no means the perfect rim, in my opinion, too many of them are too darn small........
MattR
In the 5 lug world, has anyone tried boxster wheels? I really dont have the money for real fuchs. About all I can afford is used fake fuchs (i spent my budget on engine and suspension), but I cant seem to find any 16x6 or 16x7. I saw some boxster wheels for sale on ebay, and if they stay at a low price I might to grab them, assuming they fit.
Mueller
yes Matt, do a search on this site, there are a few 914's running Boxster rims....they will "bolt-on" if you have 5 lugs, however, depending on the size of the rim, 1/2" or larger spacers (and corresponding studs) will be needed since the wheels will sit too far inboard.
914werke
i dont have 5 lug

Which Reminds me... cool.gif
Hey Mike how are we comming with the Hub deal-o smile.gif
Mueller
not too sure, I haven't spoke to Brad in almost 2 weeks or so it seems.....
MattR
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 27 2004, 04:13 PM)
...do a search on this site...

duh... headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.