Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinforced trunk photo needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boboli914
I am thinking of cutting out the rear trunk floor of my 914 for easier access to the engine/tranny/Part of it was replaced with sheet metal anyways.I need photos from cars that have had this done so I can see where/how to re-inforce it.Before you past judgement this car never leaves home in the rain. Thanks in advance. sawzall-smiley.gif
SteveSr
This is what I've done........ sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Stevesr
machina
here are a few I have saved.

We are not allowed to do this in vintage or production but I like to keep this stuff on file.

dr type.gif
Boboli914
Excellent!! This was exactly what I needed.Thank you all so much! smilie_pokal.gif
sgomes
This F'ing board is just F'ing incredible! smilie_pokal.gif

Question posted at: Jul 27 2004, 07:59 AM

Answer with a stack of photos posted at: Posted on Jul 27 2004, 08:42 AM, 09:03 AM, and 09:20 AM smilie_pokal.gif

pray.gif
URY914
I got pics too, but at home.

I did mine a little different as I left the sheet metal bulkhead inplace but cut out the trunk floor and added 1" bars.

I didn't want to cut it all out so I could maintain the integerty while I welded in the bars.

Paul
Boboli914
I,m with you Shannon.Theres no place or people lik ethe ones at this board.Keep up the fantastic work!! Thanks again.Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.