Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat choices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
What are the pros and cons of the different deat options for my 914? I am 6' 2" and want to make sure I will fit. Pics of the differnt ones installed would be nice also.

Thanks

M
eeyore
Race seat or regular seat?

I got an Ultra Shield Race Products seat for AXing. I'm 5'10", 30" inseam. It won't recess into the back pad, but doesn't need to. The seat is currently set 4 to 5 inches from the back pad. The seat is made from thick sheet aluminum so mounting is easy, just drill holes. My 17" width model fits snugly between the P-brake and the center console on the stock rails. It also comes in widths from 15" to 18" with 10 or 20 degree layback.
McMark
There's a lurker here named Mitch who came to the Napa Lunch who has Honda seats in his teener. Very well done conversion. I don't know if anyone who was there took pictures. wacko.gif
J P Stein
This is a Kirkey race seat.
I've had guys up to about 6'4" in it.
Mounting consisted of bolting a 3/16 Aluminum plate to the bottom of the seat, then bolting the stock seat rails to the plate. It sits as low or lower than the stock seat. My 6'2 son (bout 220 lbs) fits in it.
It needs a bit more padding in the back and a slight reforming of the lower/inner bolster......I put my foot against it and pushed hard.....it's an Aluminum seat, BTW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.