Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone else seeing provblems on the net
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
We've been experiencing some problems not being able to access different web sites around the country...

www.cms.hhs.gov (Medicare website).

I know the recent MyDoom virus is causing infected computers to ping Google with info requests thus flooding the net with unnecessary traffic.

Anyone else having problems?

Thanks!
dinomium
Hey, Karl
We got hit yesterday pretty hard, but all the ant virus companys have updated their tools.
I tried the link you posted and had no trouble form my work network...
I would run a full scan of your system if you are having trouble Free Scan Trend Micro is a great free secondary line of defence.
Good luck!
Qarl
Our PCs and servers are all fine. Everyone has NAV and we have good firewalls.

We are just experienceing problems with web traffic, and I was wondering more if anyone has noticed a slow down on the net or they've been having problems accessing websites due to net traffic.
SirAndy
yupp, it sure is slower than the normal slow sad.gif

latest twist, sending you an error message that seems to come from your server about an email not being able to send, the attached ZIP file has the mydoom virus.
they even faked our mail-server name (not too hard, didn't fake the IP, so the mismatch was obvious) ...

those kids need to get laid or sumthin ...
beer3.gif Andy
J P Stein
The guy at the puter store just recommended AVG for an Anti virus.....anybody know anything bout it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.