Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: missing bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BatAc
Jus' noticed I'm missin' a CV joint bolt. Is this a must replace or no big deal?
Demick
Unless you like being towed and replacing starters and transmission housing parts - replace it. It's a big deal.
mightyohm
Huge deal.
balljoint
Yes, replace it. They aren't very expensive from your Porsche Dealer Parts Dept. Small $ for peace of mind and cv joint.
rhodyguy
are you sure that is the only one that could have come loose? consider yourself lucky. retorque them all and put in a new one.

kevin
BatAc
Thanks!!! Glad I asked.
Rusty
We're glad you asked, too. smile.gif

We would have to have your axle let loose, come swinging around and smash up the transmission and starter. blink.gif

Too much of that going around lately. Be sure to put the correct knorr washer under the bolthead, and then retorque them at about 500 miles.

-Rusty smoke.gif
dinomium
Hey, chief, should we use a thread lock on those pesky bolts?
Rusty
Short answer: no, but safety wire is a good idea.

That question was asked recently, Dino... others have discussed it better than I can. smile.gif

Check out this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=14264

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.