Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 73 914 Roller/Tub SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
biggy72
SOLD!!!

I picked up this tub for the sideshift tranny, but I think it's really in too good of shape to throw away. The car was mostly stripped down to be painted when I picked it up. It was originally an A/C car and has all of the associated holes.

This car does not have a title, but if you are planning on keeping the car for a little while it can be obtained in Washington State. Other states have different laws so check on this before purchasing. I would have done it, but I've only had the car for about a month and a half. I can also give you the name and phone number of the guy I bought it from, but he wasn't much help for me.

1. The car does have some rust on the lower firewall caused by the sound deadening pad.

2. It also has some rust behind the passenger side rocker panel below the door hinge. It is pretty solid in this area, but will need to be fixed. It appears that the a/c lines allowed for water/dirt to get in this area. In the pictures I bent the outer sheet metal up to expose some of the inside.

3. The rear trunk has a little bit of rust at the bottom of the trunk. Very fixable without replacing the entire panel.

4. the front trunk seal channel has a rust spot right in front of the hood latch. It is not rusty anywhere else in the channel though.

5. The battery tray is rusted out, but appears to be very clean under the tray structure. Also the hell hole is dirty, but shows no sign of rust.

6. The front trunk floor will need to be replaced because of the previous a/c condenser location.

7. The drivers side engine lid hinge mount has cracked and needs to be welded.

I've climbed all over this car and it looks very clean beyond these areas. The windshield/cowl area looks perfect, the floor pan looks very very clean and all of the body panels are very very straight. The doors have been cut for speakers, but are in excellent shape otherwise (ie no rust along the outer seal channel). They are also the doors without door bars, but with the later style window crank mechanism. It also does not appear to have any accident repairs. All of the panel gaps are very even.

It is very much a roller. The brakes appear to have recently been gone through and work well, but the emergency brake needs to be adjusted. It does not have front or rear glass, but does have the door glass. I had to break the column cylinder to get the steering wheel to unlock. It looked like someone had already messed it up pretty badly anyway before I did that.

I can deliver within a reasonable distance for a reasonable amount of money (basically just gas money). I wish my 72 would have been this clean and straight when I got it smile.gif

I'm looking for $350 obo. SERIOUSLY obo, I really could use the space in my garage.
biggy72
Willing to throw in some other parts I have for sale. Make me an offer, I really need the space in the garage!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry1545543
biggy72
bump smile.gif
biggy72
SOLD!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.