Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Fluid Reservior Adapter Cap Source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
able2222
Anyone know a source for those aluminium brake fluild reservior adapter caps with the valve stem in the middle that are used to pressurize the brake system for bleeding? Failing that does anyone know the thread size on a 914-4 brake reservior cap? Thanks in advance for any responses.
76-914
QUOTE(able2222 @ Oct 17 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Anyone know a source for those aluminium brake fluild reservior adapter caps with the valve stem in the middle that are used to pressurize the brake system for bleeding? Failing that does anyone know the thread size on a 914-4 brake reservior cap? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Just buy an old cap, drill it and install a truck stem, epoxy or JB Weld it in place. Someone here did an article on just that, a while back.
VaccaRabite
The best way, though, is to get the pressure tank that feeds brake fluid and pressurizes it. otherwise, you have to be very careful not to empty the res and bring air in at the MC, while you are purging air and bad fluid from the calipers.

Zach
VaccaRabite
http://www.motiveproducts.com/
These are the pressure bleeder I was talking about. They make a Euro cap which threads right on to our res tanks. They are the cats ass. I use it for bleeding all my cars.

Zach
Van914
Yes I agree with Zach. I have used one for about 5 years. Makes bleeding a one man job.
Van914
type47
Click to view attachment
just bled the system today in prep for the tech inspection Sat. This time I tried the "dry" method where you don't put fluid in the Motive but you do have to refill the reservoir after each caliper.
McMark
Yup. I built a pressure bleeder with an old cap way back when, and it was a bit of a PITA. The Motive bleeder is great because you can run a whole quart of brake fluid through the system without opening the reservoir.
76-914
How much is that Motive tool? Looks like a bug sprayer could be modified to do this!
McMark
30 seconds on Google, searching for "motive bleeder" says $55.

tongue.gif poke.gif
strawman
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 17 2011, 01:58 PM) *

How much is that Motive tool? Looks like a bug sprayer could be modified to do this!

Yup, that what I did -- a one-gallon water sprayer from Home Despot for something like $10, an old MC reservoir cap, and a brass adaptor that accepts the sprayer hose. Works great.
Eric_Shea
How much is that Motive tool?

$49.00 on Amazon plus $6.99 shipping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0h5bMoW-aw
Bruce Hinds
Anybody got an extra cap I can get? I've got a system I'd like to try that we used to use on DC-3 aircraft.

We used to pump the fluid in from the bottom and had an overflow at the resevoir that returned to a tank.

Guarenteed never any air in the system since its all forced upward. icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.