Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift linkage adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
I know I have seen somewhere on here a good walk through on getting the shift linkage just right. 74 sideshift is currently getting R, 1, 2, and 3. ONE spline over and I get 2,3 only! I fussed with it for two hours. there has to be something else I am missing!

Anyone have a link to the proper procedure, besides what is in Haynes manual???
SUNAB914
Make sure you check the rear screw at the rear of bar next to tranny, if loose you will never get it aligned right. I had this happen, but thanks to a very good 914 mechanic, he found the problem and corrected it.
76-914
Search Dr Evil in the members section then on the bottom (the signature) you will see his help section. Click on it. Forgot which one it is but there are 3 different links.
Dr Evil
Link below in sig smile.gif
RFoulds
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 17 2011, 02:46 PM) *

Link below in sig smile.gif

Well that is about the most useful and valuable information, in a detailed yet concise form, I have ever seen on this forum!!! I cant take it for free. send me a PM with your e-mail address. Im gonna send you at least a case of beer via Paypal.

you're the best!
Dr Evil
And I was just hoping it was helpful smile.gif Made my day, too.

I'll PM you, never pass up free beer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.