Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB dual carb setup for 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BK911
Before I buy new I thought I would check to see if anybody has a nice set they are not using.

Looking for complete kit to pull the FI off and convert to carbs.

Let me know what you have, condition and price.

Thanks!
BK
JRust
QUOTE(BK911 @ Oct 18 2011, 07:26 AM) *

Before I buy new I thought I would check to see if anybody has a nice set they are not using.

Looking for complete kit to pull the FI off and convert to carbs.

Let me know what you have, condition and price.

Thanks!
BK

I have a complete set of Dual weber 40's. They are on a 75 2.0 but have been sitting a few years. They were off the motor & stored inside in zip lock bags. They are in good shape. I would clean them up but they shouldn't need a rebuild. It should be everything you need except the fuel pump. $375 shipped CONUS
70_914
I have a set of baby Dellortos, running condition, with brand new K&N filters (yet to be installed). I will sell them for $375 shipped so that I can buy the dual 40's from JRust...

I am building an engine with a big cam, and would like more fuel. The Dells should work well on a 1.7, though.
BK911
Sorry buddy, I need 40s. I will put them on the 1.7 to get me by until I build up a 2.0 core I have patiently waiting.

Jrust, did you get my email?
JRust
QUOTE(BK911 @ Oct 19 2011, 05:39 AM) *

Sorry buddy, I need 40s. I will put them on the 1.7 to get me by until I build up a 2.0 core I have patiently waiting.

I didn't get an email? I tried to send you a PM but it said you don't have it enabled. Feel free to give me a call five4one five1zero 00eight6 -Jamie
02loftsmoor
I've been ponerdering on Ditching the FI and going to carbs, I have to pull the Engine anyways to work on the HELL hole. I've been told yo have to change the distributer and cam if you go with carbs, this is my first 914 so I'm learning. I have had MGs and Austins. just trying to figure out this 914

QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 19 2011, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(BK911 @ Oct 19 2011, 05:39 AM) *

I didn't get an email? I tried to send you a PM but it said you don't have it enabled. Feel free to give me a call five4one five1zero 00eight6 -Jamie

Sailor
I have a pair of Italian made Weber IDF 40's. Includes manifolds, velocity stacks, air cleaners and hex bar linkage. Carbs have 28mm venturis, 120 mains, 200 airs, and 50 (installed) and 55 idles. Also have the cold weather starting circut. Summer of 2009 the carbs were disassembled and cleaned, floats adjusted to spec, new needle valves, gaskets and accelerator pump diaphrams installed. Ran the carbs for about 3 months before switching to FI. $550 plus shipping.

70 914
CB Performace sells new kits !
BK911
Thanks guys.

The purist in me has decided to give FI one more chance.
Anybody have a good MPS? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.