Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stainless fuel line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brp986s
Where do you get the tool that puts a raised ridge 1/4" from the end on 5/16" stainless tube (similar to Racer Chris'). What is this tool called? A ridge-putter-onner?

andys
It's called a tubing beader or tube beading tool.

Andy
stugray
Pricey:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productde....asp?RecID=6684

I used 6-AN fittings on mine, but I used 3/8" non-stainless tubing.

Stu
wingnut86
See if Harbor Freight has a nice version that will last for a couple or runs biggrin.gif

TheCabinetmaker

this looks like a good one.
http://www.mpsracing.com/products/Earls/PA_Tools.asp
brp986s
I went to Earls (ANplumbing.com) yesterday in Lawndale and they didn't have this tool in 5/16, which is the closest size to 8mm.

I need a barbed 5/16 elbow. A couple years ago I got one at HD. Now can't find them ANYWHERE. (HD, Lowes, NAPA, Pep Boys , Boquet Auto parts, Peerless Auto parts).

For those familiar with 3.2 motronic there is a 8mm elbow that is listed on Pelican for $160 shocked[1].gif Trying to find a workaround.
andys
I would think that a 5/16 barbed elbow would be easy to find. You could also try McMaster-Carr.

I notice in your list of auto parts stores, you mention Bouquet A.P. Are you in Santa Clarita?

Andys
stugray
Now you know why I went with 3/8" smile.gif

This will work, but then you still have to get a 6AN to hose barb.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Earl%26%23039%3Bs/361/165056/10002/-1

Stu
brp986s
QUOTE(andys @ Oct 18 2011, 02:40 PM) *

I would think that a 5/16 barbed elbow would be easy to find. You could also try McMaster-Carr.

I notice in your list of auto parts stores, you mention Bouquet A.P. Are you in Santa Clarita?

Andys

Yep, Canyon Country. Thanks for the spelling correction (bouquet), I knew mine didn't look right.

I'm surprised about these elbows. I was hoping to find one locally rather than going online and dealing with account set up and shippping for a $2 part.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(brp986s @ Oct 18 2011, 01:32 PM) *

I went to Earls (ANplumbing.com) yesterday in Lawndale and they didn't have this tool in 5/16, which is the closest size to 8mm.

I need a barbed 5/16 elbow. A couple years ago I got one at HD. Now can't find them ANYWHERE. (HD, Lowes, NAPA, Pep Boys , Boquet Auto parts, Peerless Auto parts).

For those familiar with 3.2 motronic there is a 8mm elbow that is listed on Pelican for $160 shocked[1].gif Trying to find a workaround.

Racerchris or rotary914 will be glad to make one for you for MUCH less. They already have the tools.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 18 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Racerchris or rotary914 will be glad to make one for you for MUCH less. They already have the tools.

Absolutely!
Krieger
I had the same issue finding that barbed 5/16 elbow until I went to a hydraulic shop. I got the last one. Or try a plumbing supply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.