Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scrapped- Air Conditioner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bulitt
Went to the dump

- Air conditioner off 73, 2.0. According to my manual this package weighs 92 lbs.
You will get , and you are on your own-
The lower dash which has the blower and temp control. It also includes the Evaporator and blower. It bolts under the existing dash. If you have a center column it will have to be removed or modified. The blower works. Shows signs of age.

The condenser, in a metal box, which mounts under the spare tire and will require you to cut a fairly big hole in the trunk floor to mount. Air goes in the front and forced out the back and cools the condenser. Bracket included to relocate the spare above this box. There is a squirrel cage type blower in the box, don't know if it works. Shows sign of age.

The compressor is still on the motor but will be coming off and is included. Don't know if it works. Pretty Filthy

To install - you will need to run rubber pressure hoses from the condenser into passenger wheelwell, then one to compressor and one to evap. One hose will go from the evap to the compressor, both behind the pass side rocker, finally both hoses into the engine compartment- whew.

Wiring harnesses are still on car but will be included - if I can get them off.. Probably take me several weeks to get off my dead ass and get the remaining stuff off the car.

No hoses or other brackets included- all cut up. welder.gif

Have no clue if this system works as it was completely empty when I bought the car. You will have to cut and drill holes in your car to mount! sawzall-smiley.gif

Pick up Only! Raleigh, NC- AS IS

Again, let me say this is an old system and I don't have a clue if it works! No literature included.
100$

So here is what the front looks like-

Click to view attachment

Pretty simple controls- the blower is stronger than your stock unit. The stock unit remains to blow heat and defrost.

Click to view attachment

The galvanized strip slides into the existing dashboard bottom edge and the two braces simply screw into the metal above. this unit probably only weighs about 7 lbs.

Click to view attachment

Now, proceed to cut a huge hole into your front trunk floor... Off to the left of the picture you can see where the hoses route through the wheelwell. Also a wire from the control unit to the squirrel cage blower in the condensor.

Click to view attachment

Then this unit mounts flush to the floor and is sealed with a gasket or in the case with this car a liberal amount of Silicone. this is the top.

Click to view attachment

This is the condenser. You are looking at the bottom. It mounts down and the whole contraption is then sealed off from the trunk. I assume air comes into the front and goes out the back. Small scoop to funnel air, water and dead critters. The squirrel cage blower is located in the front, again assuming when you are stopped in traffic the blower continues to move air.

Click to view attachment

Finally this brace goes over the box and your spare tire mounts on the top.

Click to view attachment

Then all the wires need to be connected and hoses connected, compressor installed, then evacuate and charge system (probably a good time to drop it off at an A/C shop for a week).
wingnut86
Need some pictures...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bulitt
pics

Click to view attachment
wingnut86
Wow.

That is a gnarly one for sure.

Our weather down here isn't kind to much of anything short of granite, and even that gets worn out blink.gif

I'll take a pass.

Good luck smile.gif
bulitt
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.