Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The latest addition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patrick3000
The 71 914 is taking a bit longer than planned and I could not pass up this opportunity, the car should arrive around the end of October, she is heading east piratenanner.gif

IPB Image
kfish914
More pictures please biggrin.gif
carr914
That is the Conversion that was done in the late 70's, early 80's - correct?

It looks nice. My suggestion is get rid of the Stickers or get the Correct Size ones
eric9144
This was Sergio Meza's car right? NICE!

I'm with T.C. on this though--ditch the stickers or get the correct ones. Also really inspect the chassis, I think there are (or were) some stress related items that need to be addressed on this tub.

Great buy, Congrats! piratenanner.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 19 2011, 12:03 PM) *

This was Sergio Meza's car right? NICE!

I'm with T.C. on this though--ditch the stickers or get the correct ones. Also really inspect the chassis, I think there are (or were) some stress related items that need to be addressed on this tub.

Great buy, Congrats! piratenanner.gif

Yes that's the car, can you be more specific about the stress related items, it helps to know where to look.

Thanks
eric9144
I had bought the Euro TS kit from him a long while back and was drooley.gif drooley.gif over the GT--very well sorted except for the fact that he said it didn't have the stiffening kit and boxes for the trailing arms installed, then mentioned there might be some stress related issues because of that--was vague and didn't really seem to be a big issue...my 'guess' would be in the area of the rear suspension pickup points.

Likely not a big deal--he's very detail oriented as you can tell by the car so I doubt there are any scary things going on underneath but I'd definately take a close look on the suspension ears...and get the stiffening in place sooner than later.

I really like that car wub.gif
eric9144
Those issues might have also been addressed by the friend he'd sold it to (that he bought it back from)...seems that way from the old email I have from him...
patrick3000
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 19 2011, 01:17 PM) *

I had bought the Euro TS kit from him a long while back and was drooley.gif drooley.gif over the GT--very well sorted except for the fact that he said it didn't have the stiffening kit and boxes for the trailing arms installed, then mentioned there might be some stress related issues because of that--was vague and didn't really seem to be a big issue...my 'guess' would be in the area of the rear suspension pickup points.

Likely not a big deal--he's very detail oriented as you can tell by the car so I doubt there are any scary things going on underneath but I'd definately take a close look on the suspension ears...and get the stiffening in place sooner than later.

I really like that car wub.gif

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 19 2011, 01:17 PM) *
Those issues might have also been addressed by the friend he'd sold it to (that he bought it back from)...seems that way from the old email I have from him...

Thanks for the info, I already have a stiffening kit that will go on the 70 914GT in the off season smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.