Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Defroster Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Obscure for sure. I need a passenger side defrost heat tube (1974) that is apparently NLA. Anyone have a lead on an acceptable replacement.

Kev
76-914
Kevin, I'n confused. Are you looking for the flexible hose of a steel part?
AndyB
If you are talking about the flexible hose between the elbo and the flapper I got mine from CFR-Tangerine Racing. I have had no issues it fit fine with clamps.
kconway
This is a hose up under the front cowl that blows warm air up on the windshield to defrost it, not in the engine compartment. It's like 60mm or something close to that, a third smaller then all the other hoses in the warm/fresh air system.
tod914
Kevin the brown cardboard covered foil hose? I recall someone sourcing some a while back. One of the CW guys.. Maybe ask Tom T or Pat G. They might recall.
76-914
Here ya go........... http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/scat.php
Valy
You need the cardboard hose. The newer version is black.
Check if you need 55 or 60MM. I think the early models used 55MM

60MM --> PN: 911 211 522 00 or 911 211 522 01
55MM --> http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?N=&...amp;x=0&y=0

Two pieces will replace all your hoses and you'll have about 2ft leftover.
Chris Pincetich
I got both the large and small hoses from Pelican parts. Call them
The new ones are shiny black on the outside, foil on the inside
Porsche part #'s
I still have a short bit left-over from replacing the small front one under the cowl, and an un-touched big hose I don't think I will need to replace (the one from under cowl to behind speakers inside). PM me if interested in buying that big hose or the small piece of the smaller one.
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 19 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Obscure for sure. I need a passenger side defrost heat tube (1974) that is apparently NLA. Anyone have a lead on an acceptable replacement.

A few years back (two maybe?) those hoses were already NLA and the guys at EASY found a suitable replacement (911 part?). I bought two of them for my car and they were a perfect fit.

Give them a call:
http://www.easypor.com/

bye1.gif
nsr-jamie
Mark (Mikey914) at 914 rubber.com has them too though they are not listed on his site, he makes heavy duty ones that I just ordered.
kconway
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 19 2011, 04:08 PM) *

Mark (Mikey914) at 914 rubber.com has them too though they are not listed on his site, he makes heavy duty ones that I just ordered.

Really? Defroster hoses? I doubt it but I'll check...
pda914
check Nostalgic Air Parts

www.nostalgicairparts.com

Mikey914
I have the defroster ones and the ones between the airbox and mixer.
Just let me know. The defroster ones are smaller. I had not listed on the website as I don't sell a lot of them. They are not the cheap paper ones. They have spring steel layered in them so they are hard to crush. $20 a set.
-Mark
kconway
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 19 2011, 04:08 PM) *

Thanks for the tip! I think Mark is going to fix me up.

Kev
pete000
The brown OE ones seem to be all gone, AA said they had some, but when I ordered them they came in black. Seems that Porsche still supplies them in black which is what I ended up using. They had Porsche part labels on them.

Looks like the brown ones are going to get valuable if they are good shape.
Mikey914
The problem with the brown ones is they are aluminum with a paper wrap.
barada
I could not find the brown ones and did not want to use the HI temp ones. I found the Black ones from Myco Parts. These guys are local and really cool to deal with.

http://mycoimportedparts.com/

Thanks
Phillip
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.