Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone using these seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
Buddy Club Seat

Look to be 19.2" wide and 34" tall

Seat
Elliot Cannon
Nice looking seat for the price. Keep in mind that seats like that make it more difficult to get in and out of the car. Although you're probably considerably younger than I am so might not be an issue. laugh.gif
markb
Face it Elliot, you just have issues..... biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
"Buddy Club" looks like one of those stickers you see plastered all over clapped out Supras with weathered paint, a fart can and the remnants of loosely fitting body kits, right along with the Type R badges and the dual blade wipers painted in the body color. In fact, I think I've seen that very logo on a car.

The Cap'n
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 19 2011, 12:03 PM) *

Face it Elliot, you just have issues..... biggrin.gif

65 of them. lol-2.gif
raw1298
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 19 2011, 12:43 PM) *

"Buddy Club" looks like one of those stickers you see plastered all over clapped out Supras with weathered paint, a fart can and the remnants of loosely fitting body kits, right along with the Type R badges and the dual blade wipers painted in the body color. In fact, I think I've seen that very logo on a car.

The Cap'n

If he buys the seats I'm sure he could send you the stickers for your car! biggrin.gif I looked at simular seats (different name) the one thing that turned me off was the width of the shoulder area. It looked too wide for the seat. I wasn't allowed to sit in it so I passed on them.
bulitt
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Oct 19 2011, 07:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 19 2011, 12:43 PM) *

The Cap'n

If he buys the seats I'm sure he could send you the stickers for your car! biggrin.gif I looked at simular seats (different name) the one thing that turned me off was the width of the shoulder area. It looked too wide for the seat. I wasn't allowed to sit in it so I passed on them.

34"=too tall, ferget it
stugray
I use these:

http://www.ultrashieldrace.com/prod.php?id=8

Stu
Thestigz06
depends on where youre using it. Racing seats tend to be really uncomfortable after an hour. if its for the street i would reccomend something with a little more padding.

Just trying to save your ass bootyshake.gif
Madswede
I've been reading up on seats and I have to say I kinda like the "buddy club" seat, at least the way it looks like it will sit and fit for me going 5-pt harness. I also like Recaro Pole Position seats (I know they're expensive) but not sure they can be tilted the way I want or if they'll be too tall. Those Ultra-Shield seats look decent, I'll have to study them some more. I also looked at GTS Avus seats but I'm not sure it can be tilted/adjusted upon installation the way I want (see below), and it seems like it's too big for a 914 unsure.gif

Seats are a big problem for me since I'm 6'3" ... so the seat has to be low, broad enough to accommodate my Viking-heritage shoulders, and I drive with seat back in a very upright position (almost no lean back at all). So I'm shopping around and looking at seats that can be adjusted to fit in the 914 that meet all that criteria.

Apparently padding isn't such a big deal to me. I once got very used to sitting on a worn out VW seat (sitting on a cloth-covered metal seat frame since the padding had long since worn away) for nearly 5 years without discomfort, even given 3-4 hr drives every day. I happily will sit on a seat with "hard" cushioning as long as it's low, broad, and no tilt back. Guess I was born to be racer, eh? laugh.gif
Scott S
I am a bit over 6'2" and also come from an angry viking past. I am also 280lbs at present. I dont know what your intended use for the seats is (racing, etc). If they do not need to meet any sort of certification, I would reccommend trying the seats made by Renegade Hybrids. I have had mine for nearly 10 years and still love them. I purchased the optional thin bottom cushion and have piles of room (I can wear a helmet with the roof on).

here is a crappy pic. When I bought mine, they would not build them without their logo stitched into the seat back - but they would do it color on color so it did not show up as much. I also had them do the entire bolster in vinyl, vs the usual fabric, as i wanted them to look more like the GT seats. They have worn very well.

beerchug.gif

Madswede
Hey Scott, thanks for the input. Since you're "next door" to me as we say out in the big western states, I should have seen your car at RRC in Ouray, yes? I don't know if you made it, but I think I've seen your car before. confused24.gif

Those Renegade seats look a lot like LizO's seats. Very nice! I wonder if the difference between yours and hers is that optional thin bottom seat cushion ... I plan on driving my car a lot (as much as I can) and doing driving events and AutoX, so that's good news about the helmet space! Cheers! beerchug.gif

EDIT: by the way, do you have the same problem I do with the shifter being in the way of your right leg? (or vice versa laugh.gif ) I had a helluva time shifting in Liz's car when I drove it with my leg pinned against the steering wheel it was still in the way for 1st and reverse. It's always seemed to me that the steering column on the 914 is set an inch or two to the right of the driver's straight-ahead position, for whatever reason. Always more noticeable in non-stock seats.
Scott S
Unfortunately I was not there. My car has been living on a lift since 2009 waiting for me to finish up the -6 conversion. Hoping and praying to be done by Christmas! santa_smiley.gif lol-2.gif dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Scott S
QUOTE(Madswede @ Oct 28 2011, 10:29 AM) *

EDIT: by the way, do you have the same problem I do with the shifter being in the way of your right leg? (or vice versa laugh.gif ) I had a helluva time shifting in Liz's car when I drove it with my leg pinned against the steering wheel it was still in the way for 1st and reverse. It's always seemed to me that the steering column on the 914 is set an inch or two to the right of the driver's straight-ahead position, for whatever reason. Always more noticeable in non-stock seats.

Just a bit going into reverse - everything else is fine (really comfortable actually) and I am even using the stock steering wheel. As you can see by the pics, I also pulled my center console (that made a huge difference).
abnrdo
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Oct 28 2011, 01:11 PM) *

I am a bit over 6'2" and also come from an angry viking past. I am also 280lbs at present. I dont know what your intended use for the seats is (racing, etc). If they do not need to meet any sort of certification, I would reccommend trying the seats made by Renegade Hybrids. I have had mine for nearly 10 years and still love them. I purchased the optional thin bottom cushion and have piles of room (I can wear a helmet with the roof on).

here is a crappy pic. When I bought mine, they would not build them without their logo stitched into the seat back - but they would do it color on color so it did not show up as much. I also had them do the entire bolster in vinyl, vs the usual fabric, as i wanted them to look more like the GT seats. They have worn very well.

beerchug.gif

Scott, what version of the Renegade seat is that? Touring?
Thanks,
Jim
Racing916
I use these Corbeau FX 1 Pro Race Seat in my race car and they are priced nice. I also use the bracket shown in the link. They are comfortable and well built.

Steve

Bracket

Seat
Racing916
Hey Bulitt,

Here is the pictures of the Seat installed and the bracket you asked for.

Thanks,
Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.