Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats it worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
patrick3000
With the GT on the way I have decided to see if anyone is looking for a deal, I may put this car up for sale and would be interested in what the collective wisdom thinks it might be worth. It is a very low mileage 71 with 52,000 original miles and as little rust as a 914 can have. The reason that the mileage is low is the front was clipped in front of the the shock towers and repaired. The repair was very well done and if you didn't know to look for it you would have a difficult time locating the seam. The car sat for about ten years during the repair and was only put back on the road before I acquired it. With such a checkered past it was the perfect candidate for a hot rod motor. It currently has a fresh Mike Schantz 2.4 four installed with Weber 44's, the horsepower is about 150hp. The car comes with some interesting parts that still need to be installed.

In no particular order I have:

Minilites (four)
Mallory dual point distributor
2.0 SSI heat exchangers two sets (i.e. four exchangers to choose from)
2.0 Stock Muffler
Triad Muffler
Type four deep sump
Two used but not used up Bilstein inserts for the front
Under body sway bar
180 lbs Weltmeister springs
Oil filter adaptor and cooler, still needs lines and a few fittings
2.0 Combo guage

The car also needs a replacement windshield, tires in addition to the above parts installed.

The gas burners in the picture are long gone.

So what is it worth?

Here are a few pictures and some more details on the car in the following threads.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=patrick3000

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=patrick3000
scotty b
I actually know this car and can vouch for it's rust freeness and overall condition. Aside from the clip ( which was well done ) it is a really nice solid car.
patrick3000
Moderator(s) this is not a- for sale thread- if it were it would have been placed in the classified section and listed it with a price. As stated I am looking for suggestions and opinions on what to do with this project - finish it, sell as is or part it out, please move this thread back to the appropriate section for discussion.
Thanks
Ferg
Really hard to say without more info/pics of cosmetics... Paint and rust condition play such a huge role in $.

I can see some "needs" in the pics posted, but would need 30-50 pics of everything before I would throw a # out.

patrick3000
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 20 2011, 01:00 PM) *

Really hard to say without more info/pics of cosmetics... Paint and rust condition play such a huge role in $.

I can see some "needs" in the pics posted, but would need 30-50 pics of everything before I would throw a # out.

pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.