Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underdog
I am installing a 60's vintage Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio in my 914. Since I need a new face plate I find AutoAtlanta sells these described as DIN cut and Regular cut. I called to order one and was told I would have to make the cuts and drill the holes to fit my radio. These face plates are vinyl covered and I'm wondering how in the world I can make precise cuts/holes without messing up the vinyl ? Also lately, AA does not seem to have the expert tech advice as in the past. Any help with the face plate will be appreciated.
Mike Bellis
Cut the vinyl first to the correct shape. Drill your holes. Use an air saw to make the cutout in the steel.
luskesq
If feasible, I'd try to carefully remove the vinyl, perhaps using a little heat to soften the adhesive.

Keith
70-914nut
second that on removing the vinyl.
Valy
QUOTE(underdog @ Oct 20 2011, 02:50 PM) *

I am installing a 60's vintage Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio in my 914. Since I need a new face plate I find AutoAtlanta sells these described as DIN cut and Regular cut. I called to order one and was told I would have to make the cuts and drill the holes to fit my radio. These face plates are vinyl covered and I'm wondering how in the world I can make precise cuts/holes without messing up the vinyl ? Also lately, AA does not seem to have the expert tech advice as in the past. Any help with the face plate will be appreciated.

I have a plate if you want but can only mail it out in a week.
PM if you want it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.