Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well this ought to push the CW's over the edge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I followed 'factory" appearance issues very closely on the 76. But the 73 is different. It was an orphaned 1.7 morph when I got her. With that in mind I appointed myself High Sheriff of all appearance and performance issues that I might encounter with this project. In fact, I'm feeling a rather decadent. That being said.........I'd had it with that little chicken shit excuse of an interior light that is currently available not to mention the OEM ones. Rather than waste anytime with them I slapped this one on this spare center piece in less than 15 min's. I suppose when I install it in Blackie I will need 30 min's for connecting the elec leads. It's from a from the rear of a Ford cargo van that has the headliner installed thru out. I hit it with some paint but must do the part behind the switch carefully w/ a brush. Behind it is a plastic slide mechanism that I could easily weld together w/ paint. I had this laying around so I didn't shop the junk yards. I'm sure that I can find a more appealing light, but screw it. It fits flush and can be installed w/o removing the back pad and it lights up the cabin. Eventually I will use recessed courtesy lights that will be low light level and I'll have this or one like it as a backup to lite up.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
The arrest warrant has been filed.

Nice work.
Bruce Hinds
That's huge. I'm going to plug the hole next time the interior comes out. That location for a light sucks since it blinds the driver. The wife has a sebring with lights in the bottom of the rear view mirror that shine down and they are great.

she can even read at night and it doesn't bother the driver.(ME) piratenanner.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 21 2011, 07:44 PM) *

That's huge. I'm going to plug the hole next time the interior comes out. That location for a light sucks since it blinds the driver. The wife has a sebring with lights in the bottom of the rear view mirror that shine down and they are great.

she can even read at night and it doesn't bother the driver.(ME) piratenanner.gif

That may be the first nice thing I have ever heard anyone say about a Sebring!
EVER!

Zach
Black22
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 21 2011, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 21 2011, 07:44 PM) *

That may be the first nice thing I have ever heard anyone say about a Sebring!
EVER!

Zach

agree.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 21 2011, 04:37 PM) *

The CW Police are on their way now. busted_cop.gif The CW/CSI unit has been dispatched. Your concours days are over, punk banned.gif

biggrin.gif
dlkawashima
wacko.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0VNHe5fq30
76-914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 21 2011, 08:00 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 21 2011, 04:37 PM) *

The CW Police are on their way now. busted_cop.gif The CW/CSI unit has been dispatched. Your concours days are over, punk banned.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif this was actually a "boredom" project. I've actually been planning to go another route but saw this lite on my shop and stuck it on. I'm sure any modern-day dome light will work. Eventually I will fab a small oval piece of polished aluminum with 2 eyeball lenses. This will handle the blinding issues. Especially if one is red!
stugray
This was my solution:

IPB Image

Plugs in into the cigarette lighter and you can point it where you want.

Stu
phatnine11
Kent,
If you wrap that light in red cellophane, you could pull people over with it!
Phatnine11
76-914
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Oct 22 2011, 10:51 AM) *

Kent,
If you wrap that light in red cellophane, you could pull people over with it!
Phatnine11

av-943.gif I'll tell you what I did do, tomorrow. drunk.gif Bring Dave with you.
76-914
Well I know some of you didn't care for the earlier version (which BTW was the 1st thing to sell at GnR and it wasn't even for sale laugh.gif ) so this is a revised version. Update includes LED low amp lights and a SPDT 3 position On/Off/On like the original. The plate is .60" aluminum scrap, cut n polished. I drilled a #30 hole into existing metal tabs that the attachment screws on each end, thread into. $16 to make.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Well, that should light up the ole Haynes manual next time you are broke in CO. shades.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 16 2011, 06:11 PM) *

Well, that should light up the ole Haynes manual next time you are broke in CO. shades.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Sorry Kent,

but you do have a great idea!, aktion035.gif
luskesq
You'll probably lose the tan you acquired with the first one but that looks good.

Keith
Elliot Cannon
If you're really that bored, maybe you should build another airplane. RV 6?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(stugray @ Oct 22 2011, 10:43 AM) *

This was my solution:

IPB Image

Stu

Those are nice. I have one that mounts to the center console by the gauges. I also added LED lamps to illuminate the floor with the door open.
Eric_Shea
I'm putting an early 911 dome light in mine (don't tell anyone). Light is gud.
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 16 2011, 11:45 PM) *

If you're really that bored, maybe you should build another airplane. RV 6?

No more planes, broads or tit bars happy11.gif However, I am thinking about building a still, for personal consumption only, of course.

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(stugray @ Oct 22 2011, 10:43 AM) *

This was my solution:

IPB Image

Stu

Those are nice. I have one that mounts to the center console by the gauges. I also added LED lamps to illuminate the floor with the door open.

That is what I am doing next. I wanted to try these lights before ordering more. I'm happy, so I'll order 2 red ones and mount them high on the console sides and use those as the entry lites. Bottom line is that I have always hated the stock lamp. It started with a light bulb burning my finger in the 60's. I've left them on accidentally and burned the lens. Replacements are crap. On the other hand, these are aircraft grade components, will last a lifetime and will cost less than $16. Definitely not to everyone's taste.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.