Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to the Forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
btanywy99
Hello everyone, My name is Mike and I am new to the Forum. I am not very well versed on forums. This will be one of my first attempts to get some information using forums and others whom I am sure know more about this than I do.
I would like to build a 914. I used to own a '73 but I had to sell it because I was not financially able to keep it. I am ready to attempt my second try at building my dream car.
This is why I am here, I have a lot of ideas and curiosities about 914s and hope I get some help here. I will go through the threads to make sure I am not about to ask questions that have already been asked and answered.
I just wanted to introduce myself and ask that you please go easy on me if i break any "rules" of etiquette related to forums. Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone.
Mike
BigDBass
welcome.png

You've come to the right place!
Series9
Where are you in NM? 914s have some significant recent history in your state.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(btanywy99 @ Oct 22 2011, 06:56 PM) *

Hello everyone, My name is Mike and I am new to the Forum. I am not very well versed on forums. This will be one of my first attempts to get some information using forums and others whom I am sure know more about this than I do.
I would like to build a 914. I used to own a '73 but I had to sell it because I was not financially able to keep it. I am ready to attempt my second try at building my dream car.
This is why I am here, I have a lot of ideas and curiosities about 914s and hope I get some help here. I will go through the threads to make sure I am not about to ask questions that have already been asked and answered.
I just wanted to introduce myself and ask that you please go easy on me if i break any "rules" of etiquette related to forums. Thanks and I look forward to talking to everyone.
Mike

Welcome Mike!

You'll find a diverse methods of thought on these cars right here!

Some of us are purists. Some of us are not.

At any rate, this is the place.

Feel free to ask, comment, etc right here. We may have different views, but we are all in the same rank - save the marque.
Pat
Elliot Cannon
bye1.gif welcome.png smoke.gif
btanywy99
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 22 2011, 06:58 PM) *

I live in Albuquerque on weekends and holidays, and in Socorro during the week.
Grelber
piratenanner.gif welcome.png
btanywy99
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I am excited to get some knowledge and get started on my project.
Series9
QUOTE(btanywy99 @ Oct 22 2011, 09:19 PM) *

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I am excited to get some knowledge and get started on my project.

Where are you in NM?

Anywhere around ABQ or Rio Rancho and you're going to get major help.
Als914
welcome.png biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Series9
QUOTE(btanywy99 @ Oct 22 2011, 09:18 PM) *

Sorry, missed that. There are two 914/6 owners who not only own 914s, but also own Turtle Mountain Brewing Company in RR.

You may contact me at: joe@914rs.com or go to TMBC (http://www.turtlemountainbrewing.com/) and ask for the owners (Liz and Nico, or Jon Nelson)

Trust me, you're set.

Give me a date. Dinner is on me. I won't be able to be there because I now live in Florida, but my representatives will take care of you.

rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
btanywy99
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 22 2011, 07:40 PM) *

Sorry, missed that. There are two 914/6 owners who not only own 914s, but also own Turtle Mountain Brewing Company in RR.

You may contact me at: joe@914rs.com or go to TMBC (http://www.turtlemountainbrewing.com/) and ask for the owners (Liz and Nico, or Jon Nelson)

Trust me, you're set.

Give me a date. Dinner is on me. I won't be able to be there because I now live in Florida, but my representatives will take care of you.

Thank you VERY much for putting me in touch! I really appreciate it. I will find out when I have some free time and let you know.
tracks914
Welcome to the addiction.
PanelBilly
And the family gorws bigger again

Don't go nuts researching every question. Nobody will bitch if you ask the same old question. Well....except what size tire/wheel fits my car

Welcome
btanywy99
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Oct 22 2011, 09:49 PM) *

And the family gorws bigger again

Don't go nuts researching every question. Nobody will bitch if you ask the same old question. Well....except what size tire/wheel fits my car

Welcome

Lol that would have been a future question, however it isnt size I worry about it is offset and measuring for the proper offset for the style/design I am trying to achieve. But, since I dont even have the car to start the project yet that question if for a much later date.
Tom_T
welcome.png
Rod
Welcome.

914World is great - superb members who are soo willing to help it just makes you smile smile.gif Got a problem with your 914? Post a thread and it's fixed in under 5 minutes.... wtf did we do before forums???
johannes
Welcome to the world ...

The french guy ...

rnellums

This makes me wish I was still in the 505. Are you going to tech?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.