Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just picked up a 74 2,0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70 914
yep much like vw's u gotta hav a spare/backup ride , so i picked up a slightly rusty green /tan 74 appears to of had engine fire and owner bought weber progresive and lost interest?! gonna need to relocate batt to trunk(no tray) needs cap/rotor /wires/batt and we'll see what happens! wish me luck! according to rich this car has a better hellhole area and longs . from what i see the floorboards havn't been replaced !(mine hav/very poorly 1970)
ripper911
piratenanner.gif
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
a914622
A little rust in the hell hole?? Realy? I looked at that one and thought the rust was just about ready to over take the hole rig. Im not beeing a smart ass here, is that realy called not bad?
It did have a new starter and the single carb setup.

jcl
70 914
U havnt seen my car! And i only paid $800 not the $1500 askn price! Wht really happnd was my engine is weak on comp so a)i needed another engine and b)i got a teenager needn a car, nothing else ill built a baja 914 for winter drivn and not care if it gets wrecked!
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Oct 23 2011, 07:09 AM) *

piratenanner.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
70 914
i cant tak pix of all the rust cause it would just b a pic of air !lol just kidding , can u say buyers remorse ? headlites come on on but motors dont open yhem up , alternator has elec short, no 4way/turn signals/horn plus r dash top not cracked/new starter/lots of lil things my car needs! and it;s got a 2.0 !
914werke
QUOTE(a914622 @ Oct 23 2011, 07:14 AM) *
A little rust in the hell hole?? Realy? I looked at that one and thought the rust was just about ready to over take the hole rig. Im not beeing a smart ass here, is that realy called not bad?
It did have a new starter and the single carb setup.
jcl

You didnt dig into it idea.gif
The PO didnt flinch as I ripped the remnants of the batter tray outta the way & proceeded to stab the hole with a screwdriver happy11.gif
Not a bad car cheer.gif ive looked over WAY worse for WAY more $$ asked.
Repaint of original Irish(?) green. No rot from below.
Trunk floor is gonna need replacing, the HE's had completely rotted away, and some sail rust at the union above each dr. handle scallop.
Nice score Tim. Sort out its issues, Toss the carb in the Sound, swap your best bits onto it & give the boy the 70!
R.
NORD

Have you checked the fuses for the Head lights? If the lights come
on but don't come up, could be fuse.

70 914
Today i removed brainbox and FI wire harness (rich if u wnt any of it tell me now) found alt to be internally shorted out need batt to spin it ovr and ck comp , rear deck lid is toast(bent on both side at hinge area)
a914622
I did see your car.I was the first guy to look at it. I offered 750. if i could add a battery to see if anything worked.

On the plus you did et a 2.0 and the center gadge package. I would be intrested in seeing the baja. That would be cool.

jcl
70 914
What i meant was , u should see my 70! Yes and the dash top is good too! Not to mention a 150 mph speedo! Gonna get a batt and c what all does/doesnt wrk , jrust n corvalis oregon has a rust free 75 w/no engine trans maybe ill make one nice one outta two?
sixnotfour
I gotta a couple of rollers , I am getting close to releasing back into the public .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.