Full Version: is there a difference ... talking about seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I just woner if the driver's seat is identical to the passenger's seat
of course I'm talking abut the later seats

and - would a late passenger seat fit at the early driver's seat confused24.gif

beerchug.gif Gustl
McMark
They're all the same, except for the railings on the bottom, but those unbolt. So yes, they're all interchangeable. thumb3d.gif
Mike Bellis
What about the angle of the back of the headrest? There is a left and right.
poorsche914
The driver seat has an "indent" area along the lower left to help clear the hand brake lever.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
sfrenck
I switched mine - but there is a difference in the headrests. You can see it after you do the switch and look at the seats from the back of the car.

I don't have any interference with the e-brake using my passenger seat on the driver's side.
Gustl
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 23 2011, 07:58 PM) *

I switched mine - but there is a difference in the headrests. You can see it after you do the switch and look at the seats from the back of the car.

Scott - could you describe that difference?

I have an early car (MY'70) with the non-movable passenger seat
my idea is to get a good passenger seat and use it as driver's seat, because passenger's seats are in general in better shape ...

beerchug.gif Gustl
McMark
I stand corrected... The rear 'seam' has an angle to it. Here you can see my 914 happens to have two driver's side seats in it.
sfrenck
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 23 2011, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(sfrenck @ Oct 23 2011, 07:58 PM) *

Scott - could you describe that difference?

I have an early car (MY'70) with the non-movable passenger seat
my idea is to get a good passenger seat and use it as driver's seat, because passenger's seats are in general in better shape ...

beerchug.gif Gustl

McMark's pictures show the difference - the line at the bottom of the headrest is meant to slope with the firewall
TargaToy
On my 72, there's a difference in the side bolsters. If you switch the seats (like the trim shop evidently did when the PO had it reupholstered), the passenger seat being on the driver's side makes grabbing the P-brake lever really hard.
Gustl
thanks all for help pray.gif

skaufmann
Drivers side has narrower side-pad to give extra clearance for e-brake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.