Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Flat File Cabinets for parts storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
swood
In an effort to get my parts out of storage and on to the car, i want to sell these awesome cabinets which are great for storing just about everything that goes onto these little cars. I have two gray ones that measure 54" wide by 18" high x 41" deep. They each have 5 drawers that are 3" tall. I also have one smaller white one that is 46" wide by 18" high by 34" deep.

I'm asking $400 for each bothgray cabinet and $200 for the white one. BTW, they were about $1100 when we bought them new.

Local pickup only, unless of course you want to arrange shipping and have them picked up. I also know some good movers in town if you want to make arrangements with them.

I'll make a deal on them if you buy more than one.
Yes there is stuff in it now that is coming out, yes the stickers are also coming off so they will be clean looking.

Let me know if you have any questions, i want to move these suckers... smile.gif
Bruce Hinds
You are waaaay toooo organized.

Local pickup? Where is da LBC?
URY914
Those are sweet. My father was an engineer and he had several. We sold them off to a architect. We got top dollar at the time. At your price they are a steal!
swood
I'm sorry, I'm in Long Beach, CA. I'm only going to get points for driving my car not organizing my parts...
swood
Thanks Paul, yes its a total deal. We moving our office and our new space will no longer have flat file storage (I'm a landscape architect). Finally making the move towards using/storing less paper.
Harpo
How ironic I just saw some of these on my local Craigslist. Yes, if you have the floor space it is an awesome way to store flat parts.

Dave

swood
Anyone have any interest in these? I'll bump it another time and let it marinate a while. Then off to craigslist.
BuddyV
For what it's worth..... I sell office furniture for a living (my own business) and these files are great quality..... a STEAL for these prices.

You will never replace them. They will last forever. (like it or not).

Good luck with your sale... and your office move.
underthetire
They are cool. I'm looking out my office window and see about 20 sets of them right now.
Eric_Shea
I need the white one for pistons.

Now... how the hell do I go about getting it?
BigDBass
Been watching local Craigslist for these but they never show up!
swood
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 26 2011, 03:22 PM) *

I need the white one for pistons.

Now... how the hell do I go about getting it?

Sounds good Mr. Shea...maybe i wrap it up and take it to Fedex...? driving-girl.gif

I dunno...let's see if anyone is taking a drive up your way from here in a truck or something.
swood
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 26 2011, 04:14 PM) *

Been watching local Craigslist for these but they never show up!

Well here they are...you interested? I wonder about shipping them. Must be some sort of moving truck that drives across the country they could go on.
BigDBass
QUOTE(swood @ Oct 26 2011, 10:47 PM) *

Well here they are...you interested? I wonder about shipping them. Must be some sort of moving truck that drives across the country they could go on.

Naw, thanks tho!

(Actually just saw some posted on Chicago CL!)
swood
Just as clarification, the white cabinet has an internal storage height of 3", the gray cabinets are about 2.75" clear.

Anyone local interested? I'm willing to wheel and deal smile.gif
Eric_Shea
I'm serious. Just a few (hundred) miles from local. Anybody heading to Vegas any time soon? biggrin.gif
swood
Well i'm serious to dude biggrin.gif

I'll start asking around to see if any of my bro's are heading your way. One visits his ma in SLC often...we'll figure it out. piratenanner.gif
swood
swood
Edited for a killer deal...need to move these things. smile.gif

this is the kind of work bench you can have with these type of cabinets. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
naro914
damn, I am looking for exactly those...except I'm in Charlotte, NC
kconway
Steve,
You still have the white cabinet? I'm local with a truck! Need any parts for a trade offset?

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.