Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any of the Alberta guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
A 1972 914, with a 3.2 liter and flares. It's on the Canada Trader site. Looks pretty nice, and $17,000 seems like a pretty good deal. Here's the link.

clicky

Hmm, if I were to sell the Audi and the 914...
I'm half tempted to drive to Calgary just to check it out.
GWN7
Just under $13,000 US Hmmmmm beerchug.gif
mike_the_man
Shhhh, don't tell them Americans. We've got to keep all the 914s we can in Canada. biggrin.gif
F4i
If it is the car I think it is, do it, if you can. It took about 50 grand to build back in the day. I can look into it further if you like.
soloracer
There was a yellow 3.2 914 for sale here last year that the owner was asking $24000 for. I was told it's a quick little car. Sounds like a deal at $17000.

Mike: Instead of driving you could fly Westjet for cheap. I would even offer to put you up for a few days. That way if you buy the car you could drive it home. If I had the extra $17K sitting around and didn't already have 5 cars I would be very tempted. I think it would make a great autocross machine.
F4i
Had the lap record at kart gardens.
soloracer
I just spoke with the guy and it is the car that I remember being for sale last year. The current owner had it for 5 years and bought it off a father/son team that wanted to autocross and hill climb it. The car originally came from California. It has all 911 suspension and he said that the conversion was done by Vellios.
F4i
Not the same car i was thinking about then. Looks nice all the same.
mike_the_man
Ya, I've already got 4 cars, and cash is a bit of a problem right now. If I could afford it, I'd be all over it, and thanks for the offer of a place to stay. If you talked with the guy, what else can you tell me about the car? Are the flares steel or fibreglass? How much rust, etc? I was thinking about giving him a call, just for shits and giggles. Hmmm, if I sold my 914, then went to the bank...

Ahh, I better not even think about this, it's just going to get me into trouble. unsure.gif
soloracer
Did anyone keep the phone number for this car? A fellow PCA member is interested.
Ray Warren
Here's a six.
About a couple hours north west of Toronto.
No affiliation.

"1972 Porsche 914-6, 911 3.0L engine, triple Weber carbs, 915 gear box, drive sump system, bucket seats, removable steering wheel, rear roll over hoop, carbon fibre doors, $11,500, 705-466-5910 Creemore "
mike_the_man
I didn't keep that number. I wish I had! That's something that would really be worth trying to buy. That one in Ont sounds pretty good too. Any pics?

Soloracer, if you find the guys number, could you let me know too. I'm going to be in Calgary at the end of March. I better start saving!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.