Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: group buy timing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Why is it that group buys always come up this time of year.
Its the holidays...money gets tighter for people.
Heating season is also upon us...and for some that is an extra $800 per month.

Vendors trying to get some holiday money?
How about group buys in April or June?

rich
Dave_Darling
It's probably because the vendors have bills to pay as well. Or this is their less-busy season, so they have time to manage the details of a group buy. Or possibly all of the above.

--DD
jmill
Welcome to my world. I finally have the cash for the Vellios oil tank group buy. Unfortunately, that was in November of last year.
Mikey914
As far as I go, most of my group buy stuff has to do with sales cycles. I have run some end of the year specials as I try to clear out as much inventory as I can so I don't have to carry it over.

Just my .02
snakemain
I'm still trying to get someone to weld on the flares from the last group buy! 50 bought parts, and can't do a thing with them.
Mike Bellis
My $.02.

I think Mark (aka mikey914) has the most fair pricing out of all the group buy vendors. I will continue to buy from hin as my budget allows.

As for the group buy timing? I have not noticed any pattern but I'm sure I will now biggrin.gif
mikea100
QUOTE(snakemain @ Oct 24 2011, 08:30 PM) *

I'm still trying to get someone to weld on the flares from the last group buy! 50 bought parts, and can't do a thing with them.

You should sell them to me :-).
IronHillRestorations
As a vendor, if you start now you might thin out your inventory before the end of the year. FWIW the IRS views inventory as income, so converting it to cash helps to re-distribute your "wealth".
sean_v8_914
Engman just did a group buy because he is out of parts, many of us here want some and it makes the total cost less if he makes greater quantities. we get to pay almost 1/3 less
Mikey914
You got it. If you can spread the cost out over more parts you have a greater efficiency in production.
Andyrew
Then there is the fact that most people try and finish the end of their fiscal year as high as possible so in the last couple months they will drive up sales any way they can.
zx-niner
Maybe it's just me but I haven't noticed any such pattern.
Mr.242
Pay yourself monthly so you are prepared with spending money when the deal comes up.

Isn't there a saying about buying something on sale because it's on sale doesn't make it right unless you actually 'need it'....then it's not worth parting with your money.

I see lots of good deals, but it's not a deal if I don't need it. I appreciate the 'group buys' that come often and buy in when I need the product.

.02$ spent is always my money.
Spoke
Yeah, I don't see any Porsche parts purchases for a while.

This geothermal heating system will set me back about $25k. This is the heart of the system: 2 300ft wells.

However: No Mo Earl purchases for me. I heat my house and hot water now with earl. $0.57 per gallon in '93 was a good deal; now: $3 to $4+ bs.gif KMA.gif mad.gif finger.gif

I'll be getting 1/3 of the cost back by govt initiative. BTW, I'd like to thank everyone for supporting my new heating system with your hard earned taxes. Cheers. beer.gif

r_towle
I would love it if you put a seperate thread about this.
Also would really like to see how well it works in the winter..
I have looked at this system and there are some "ground freezing" aspects that make it work fine in temperate climates and not as well in the sub zero climates.

Love to see some real world feedback on this..I hate paying for oil.

Rich
mepstein
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 26 2011, 12:17 PM) *

I would love it if you put a seperate thread about this.
Also would really like to see how well it works in the winter..
I have looked at this system and there are some "ground freezing" aspects that make it work fine in temperate climates and not as well in the sub zero climates.

Love to see some real world feedback on this..I hate paying for oil.

Rich

agree.gif I like my house and might live here for a long time but no way will I keep filling the propane tank forever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.