Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: relay board 12 + 14 pin connectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Does anyone know if these connectors and the female contacts inside are available new anywhere?
Thanks,
Tom
VaccaRabite
I'd like to know this too, but I am guessing not.

Zach
scotty
14-pin was part # 911-612-113-05…don't know if they're still available...bought 2 in 2001. They did come with pins.
Mike Bellis
Hit up a wrecking yard for early Audi's and Mercedes' and hack some out. It's a solder terminal. Heat it up and the wires fall out.
scotty
QUOTE(scotty @ Oct 24 2011, 05:13 PM) *

14-pin was part # 911-612-113-05…don't know if they're still available...bought 2 in 2001. They did come with pins.

Dang...that's just the male plug & pins ...sorry.
JeffBowlsby
The 14-pin connector housing with female contacts is PN 911-652-430-40

The 12-pin connctor is NLA as far as I know.
RON S.
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 24 2011, 05:22 PM) *

Hit up a wrecking yard for early Audi's and Mercedes' and hack some out. It's a solder terminal. Heat it up and the wires fall out.

Gotta agree, most every 70's-80's Mercedes will have these wiring connectors. Maybe even some VW's

I've used several over the years for spare pins. When you pop the back of them you'll see that the wires verry simply soldered sideways through a hole in each of the pins.

It doesn't take much heat to break the solder joint and pull the wire free.

Note too: I've had odd electrical malfunctions that drove me nuts to try and find the shorts, only to find that 40 years on the road, with bumps and vibrations have caused the solder joint to break. It happens.

Ron
jcd914
1987/88 Audi 5000Turbos have about 7 of the 14 pin connectors in the left kick panel.

I still have a couple I can sell from the Audi I cut them out of. None of them have all the pins but some have most.

Jim
Tom
Thanks guys,
Looks like I may have to visit the junk yards and see what I can find.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.