Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I-Concours Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
Tod914 & I thought it might play. Didn't!

The positive response was nearly nil. Thaought we might give it until the early fall months to come aroung. Didn't!

Tod & I have both experienced painful,yet different, body malfunctions. They are both probably long term.

Tod put forth an amazing amount of work, including class structuring & judging requirements, as well as pic requirements. I thank him for his efforts, as we all should.

Either it was apathy or something else - the event never happened.

So, we leave it to the rest of you...for one week. Either someone steps forward to continue Tods work, or we shut the event & all previous posting down. You can only neat a dead horse for so long.

Unless someone steps up to promote I-Concours by November 1, I'm asking that the subforum (McMark, I'll need your help here) be shut down and dissapear.

Too bad. Thought it would be fun, but if no one wants to play...so be it.
Pat
Tom_T
Unfortunately I cannot step up to fill in due to having too much on my plate, but want to thank both Tod & Pat for their efforts. Kudos! beerchug.gif

I'd also suggest that rather than shutting down that forum & losing all of that hard work, how about just leaving it up on hiatus, until someone else decides they can jump in there. No reason to loose track of all that good work product.

Pat & Tod, I hope your ailments don't cut too deeply into your projects with Fritz & Froggy! smile.gif

Tom
///////
tod914
Pat, I have the files backed up. So if Mark and Andy want to delete it, that's fine. Just keep in mind, I won't go through the effort of recreating the forum.
Tom_T
I suggest just keep the forum up, but add an edit note in the first post that we need one or more folks to pick up the ball and run with it. Someone just may see it & read & volunteer at some future date.
eric9144
Pat this thread feels like a fragmented sentence in which the 1st part was completely ommitted.

Perhaps a link to the original thread may help, as most people may have just missed it entirely the 1st go round...I know I did. confused24.gif
tod914
Eric, here's the link to the main forum area.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=80
eric9144
Thanks Tod, makes more sense now...Interesting concept, not totally sure how it would work though.

I've always been Concours curious--as in how would my 914 fare as it's been a long time family member and for a while a DD...but in overall excellent shape and condition.

But I guess if the interest isn't there then I understand...
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Oct 24 2011, 11:45 PM) *

Unfortunately I cannot step up to fill in due to having too much on my plate, but want to thank both Tod & Pat for their efforts. Kudos! beerchug.gif

I'd also suggest that rather than shutting down that forum & losing all of that hard work, how about just leaving it up on hiatus, until someone else decides they can jump in there. No reason to loose track of all that good work product.

Pat & Tod, I hope your ailments don't cut too deeply into your projects with Fritz & Froggy! smile.gif

Tom
///////

Good point Tom. I seriously doubt that anything will ever come of it, but we'll leave it as is for now. So long as Mark is willing to leave it, I am also. I'll put a note on the thread, indicating that it may resatart at some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.