Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone removed the front guns from their 73 or 74?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
thinking about going with the "smooth look". Wanted to see what others had done.
jcambo7
You talking about the tits?
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:12 AM) *

You talking about the tits?

Those are the ones. Insert Chaz Bono joke here.
jcambo7
IMHO the car looks a lot better without the tits. The holes for mine are not plugged or anything either. So for input on that I hope someone that has plugged theirs will post on what they did. But here is a pic of my car without it's tits.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:33 AM) *

IMHO the car looks a lot better without the tits. The holes for mine are not plugged or anything either. So for input on that I hope someone that has plugged theirs will post on what they did. But here is a pic of my car without it's tits.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I like the stripes on the front valance. They kind of remind me of TCs helicopter from Magnum P.I. Nice 914!
jcambo7
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:42 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:33 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I like the stripes on the front valance. They kind of remind me of TCs helicopter from Magnum P.I. Nice 914!

Thanks!
Bruce Hinds
Square holes right? Carriage bolts would look better than the holes... heck, the heads could be ground down to just about nothing too.

I think I'd seen this suggestion elsewhere too.

BTW I've never seen flares with lips before. What kind are they?
somd914
Mine are round holes, can be plugged with chrome buttons, or painted if that be the case. Lowes/Home Depot sells an assortment of these buttons/plugs.
Grelber
agree.gif Took mine off and plugged the holes with chrome caps I got at Ace Hardware (plumbing dept.)
willamp
I had a minor accident and my insurance company bought me a new front bumper from Harrington. Looks great and didn't have holes for the bumperettes. Since mine is '73 there were none in the back.

http://www.groupharrington.com
nsr-jamie
Definetely like them better without but others may disagree, I like the original design better...I have seen some people weld up the holes than rechrome the bumpers

By the way, your car is amazing Jcambo7, what kind of flares are those? Very nice !!
underthetire
Used chrome covers from (insert good hardware store here). The harley shop in your area would also have chrome carriage bolts usually too.
Ferg
Much better without, holes were filled when bumpers were rechromed biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(willamp @ Oct 25 2011, 07:26 AM) *

I had a minor accident and my insurance company bought me a new front bumper from Harrington. Looks great and didn't have holes for the bumperettes. Since mine is '73 there were none in the back.

http://www.groupharrington.com

$1700 each plus shipping from England??? WTF.gif Plus $350 for new rubber

I know they're nice but way to much money for me.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Oct 25 2011, 01:09 AM) *

Square holes right? Carriage bolts would look better than the holes... heck, the heads could be ground down to just about nothing too.

I think I'd seen this suggestion elsewhere too.

BTW I've never seen flares with lips before. What kind are they?

I honestly have no idea. You would have to ask sixnotfour or effutuo101 where they got them from. I bought my 914 from effutuo101 and he is the one that did all the mod's to the car.
jcambo7
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Oct 25 2011, 09:34 AM) *

Definetely like them better without but others may disagree, I like the original design better...I have seen some people weld up the holes than rechrome the bumpers

By the way, your car is amazing Jcambo7, what kind of flares are those? Very nice !!

Thanks Jamie. I have no idea but now I am curious what kind they are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.