Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR Best in Show Winners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I am missing entries for a few years to add to the trophy.

If you won Best in Show or know who did please post it here so I can get the plaque engraved.

Missing years are:

Click to view attachment
Thanks in advance!
TheCabinetmaker
Well Mike, I was gonna direct you to the pca/914sig website but it looks like it hasn't been updated since MUSR 6. ROFL!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 25 2011, 10:27 AM) *

Well Mike, I was gonna direct you to the pca/914sig website but it looks like it hasn't been updated since MUSR 6. ROFL!

HI Curt,

Yep - I saw that as well - too bad because it was really well done up to that point. Nice write up about each event.

MUSR 6 would have been 2004.

Thanks!
Kansas 914
Just a note of interest - the trophy was made by Wes Hildreth in 1996. His name is on the back in Sharpie. It is starting to fade so I want to add a small plaque on the back noting that in case the Sharpie fades away someday. He should always be credited for the trophy build - it is a great one!!

PS: The trophy is also a working wall clock! The hands were removed for transporting but are intact.
hot_shoe914
Dennis Carter in 2009 at MUSR10 in Hot Springs, Ar. I have a message out to Rusty to see who won in 2008 at the Rocket City Ramble in Huntsville, Al. Mary Shortridge last year but you already know that.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:46 PM) *

Dennis Carter in 2009 at MUSR10 in Hot Springs, Ar. I have a message out to Rusty to see who won in 2008 at the Rocket City Ramble in Huntsville, Al. Mary Shortridge last year but you already know that.

Thanks Donald - I am sure we will fill the gaps with all the folks out there helping.
poorsche914
All this info needs to be posted to the web site. type.gif

Oh, that would be my job dry.gif

driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 25 2011, 12:51 PM) *

driving.gif

Hey Steve,

It would be nice to have it all in one place - great information like Curt mentioned is here - but not updated in awhile:

http://914.pca.org/SIGsiteEventsMUSR1.html

Maybe Brittney can write up the 3 events she attended??
dennisc
I think Rich Johnson may have made the Wes Hildreth trophy to honor Wes and all he has done for the 914 community.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(dennisc @ Oct 25 2011, 02:18 PM) *

I think Rich Johnson may have made the Wes Hildreth trophy to honor Wes and all he has done for the 914 community.

I don't know could be - here is the Sharpie note:

Click to view attachment
dennisc
I will find out for sure
Kansas 914
QUOTE(dennisc @ Oct 25 2011, 04:11 PM) *

I will find out for sure

Thanks Dennis! I would love to make sure the story of the trophy gets preserved as well as the winners.

Cheers!
TheCabinetmaker
I believe Rich and Richard Fischer belong on that list too.
BigDBass
Mike, thanks for taking your stewardship of the award to the next level. I applaud you for giving back this way to past and future MUSR award winners.

Hmm, I've got to go pour some used oil and bird seed in my engine bay to recruit some rodent assistance to get a head start on the only MUSR award I can ever aspire to!
dennisc
Mike
the message inside is correct. Wes was the maker of the trophy.
jt914-6
Dennis.....missed you and Linda this year..... sad.gif

Hope to see y'all soon..... biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
agree.gif We missed a lot of the old crew, but were very happy to meet the new folks. Its good to see the young folks with the same passion as us old farts. beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(dennisc @ Oct 25 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Mike
the message inside is correct. Wes was the maker of the trophy.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the update - I will have a proper plaque made to make sure Wes is credited for the trophy build even after the Sharpie fades away.

Cheers!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 25 2011, 07:01 PM) *

Mike, thanks for taking your stewardship of the award to the next level. I applaud you for giving back this way to past and future MUSR award winners.

Hmm, I've got to go pour some used oil and bird seed in my engine bay to recruit some rodent assistance to get a head start on the only MUSR award I can ever aspire to!

You can always go for long distance award - just change your route to the event! Maybe next year get there via Key West.. driving.gif
IronHillRestorations
I can't tell you how many times I've said "next year I'm going to be there" sad.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(9146986 @ Oct 26 2011, 09:14 AM) *

I can't tell you how many times I've said "next year I'm going to be there" sad.gif

Ok, Next year I'll start bugging you earlier! biggrin.gif
dennisc
Perry, I hold you directly responsible for the seriousness of my 914 affliction. We hated to miss MUSR as we really enjoy the people and cars. Hope to meet the new folks next year and also see you "older farts" again.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(dennisc @ Oct 26 2011, 10:40 AM) *

Perry, I hold you directly responsible for the seriousness of my 914 affliction.

At least I'm good for something! biggrin.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 25 2011, 11:51 AM) *

driving.gif

Feel free to use any of my pictures you'd like. (from the making of plaques thread, or my blog)

poorsche914
QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 26 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Feel free to use any of my pictures you'd like. (from the making of plaques thread, or my blog)

Thanks, Jim. Will do that.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.