Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just FYI: Very Clean '75 Body Someone Needs This!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Vin # 4752902642 (not in data base)
NR: 3959199
Paint: L041 Black
Build Date: 10/74

This car was brought to PartsHeaven because the owner moved out of state and couldn't take it with him!

This is one of the cleanest bodies I have see! The hell hole is original and solid. The battery tray is is original and solid. There is no rust anywhere on this car! If I needed a body I would jump on this as fast as possible!

The bad, PartsHeaven is required to salvage the title before selling the parts! Most of everything has been stripped except the suspension, wiring, gauges, and lots of misc parts like the blinker buckets, head lights, switches and the front bumper!

Edit: corrected paint code!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 25 2011, 05:33 PM) *

Paint: LU41 Black

This car was brought to PartsHeaven because the owner moved out of state and couldn't take it with him!

This is one of the cleanest bodies I have see! The hell hole is original and solid. The battery tray is is original and solid. There is no rust anywhere on this car! If I needed a body I would jump on this as fast as possible!

The bad, PartsHeaven is required to salvage the title before selling the parts! Most of everything has been stripped except the suspension, wiring, gauges, and lots of misc parts like the blinker buckets, head lights, switches and the front bumper!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Bruce Hinds
agree.gif
Price ... hello
Harpo
OK I need a rust free body how much? Any idea how much to ship it to michigan?

Thanks

David
jmill
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 25 2011, 05:33 PM) *

The bad, PartsHeaven is required to salvage the title before selling the parts!

If it's rust free, I'd have no problem with a salvage title. I'd jump on it myself if the wife wouldn't kill me.
SLITS
Are you sure they're gonna cut the paperwork for Salvage Title?

In CA, I can think of two ways for it not to be if the owner has some paperwork, like last registration or even the pink slip if he can be contacted. He could request a duplicate title stating "lost".

Second, a Lien Sale for towing and storage fees. After 31 days, if no previous owner files an interest in the vehicle (you have to notify ever one listed if still on the DMV computer), it becomes yours. You are supposed to hold an auction.

Anyway, a clean title is always nice and doesn't carry the stigma of "salvaged".
jcd914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 25 2011, 06:57 PM) *

In CA, I can think of two ways for it not to be if the owner has some paperwork, like last registration or even the pink slip if he can be contacted. He could request a duplicate title stating "lost".

Second, a Lien Sale for towing and storage fees. After 31 days, if no previous owner files an interest in the vehicle (you have to notify ever one listed if still on the DMV computer), it becomes yours. You are supposed to hold an auction.

Anyway, a clean title is always nice and doesn't carry the stigma of "salvaged".

Those methods won't work if PartsHeaven filed their paper work, as I am sure all wrecking yards do.

The "The bad, PartsHeaven is required to salvage the title before selling the parts! " statment makes me think they have filed their paperwork.

mikea100
Pix would be helpful.
Mike Bellis
I bet I could call Al at PH and talk him into selling it to me for $500-600. If I do... happy11.gif I will keep it for myself... I just have other priorities, so someone else needs to buy it.
Jeffs9146
Alan told me he wanted somewhere around $1200 but that was with the suspension and all the other parts that are left! I think if you let him have all the other parts and just take the tub you can get it for less!

The title is "Salvage" acording to Alan! I told him I couldn't pay $1200 as it sits with a salvage title but I would think about an offer!

I forgot my phone so I couldn't take a photo but it is black with the porsche down the sides! Both doors are gone, the trunk lids are gone and the interior is gone!

At least I got the vin before they cut it up! Alan said the first person that wants the battery area with the hell hole and suspension ear will end its life!!! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 25 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Paint: LU41 Black

Thank you Sir! smilie_pokal.gif Added to the DB ...

Btw., that Chassis # doesn't look right. It should end with a 95xx
Jeffs9146
I am almost positive it started with 39xxxxx!? Maybe someone can confirm it before they distroy it! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 26 2011, 02:26 PM) *

I am almost positive it started with 39xxxxx!? Maybe someone can confirm it before they distroy it! blink.gif

Yes, 39 in the beginning is quite possible.

However, as i stated in my post, it should end with either nnn95xx or nnn96xx ...

The one you posted shows nnn91xx which does not look like a valid number.
chowtime.gif
Jeffs9146
Today when I went to PartsHeaven I double checked the 3959199 number and it is the correct number!!

They also just got another one in this week!

Here is the info

NR 4049598
Paint L64K Green (red repaint)
Vin 4732904229
Build 09/74
Lennies914

Those methods won't work if PartsHeaven filed their paper work, as I am sure all wrecking yards do.

The "The bad, PartsHeaven is required to salvage the title before selling the parts! " statment makes me think they have filed their paperwork.

This is the car I bought (traded for). Lucky for me the DMV "lost" the paperwork! piratenanner.gif After a bill of sale from Al and a "statement of facts" I now have a clean title biggrin.gif and she'll be back on the road soon!

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow - very nice progress and congratulations on the clean title too.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 20 2012, 05:11 AM) *

Wow - very nice progress and congratulations on the clean title too.

agree.gif
black 914s rule beerchug.gif
DblDog
Just asking...will it get parted? I would take a front hood....
Jeffs9146
confused24.gif confused24.gif

Parted???? blink.gif
JStroud
Hey lennie, saw your car last friday when I was over picking up parts from Jeff. Paint is looking good.

When you get ready to start swapping parts let us know, I'm sure many of us would be happy to come help.

Glad this worked out for you, you'll have a nice drivable car again in no time driving.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.