Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Uplifting Note
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Many of you may remember that a few month's ago one of our members asked for our support is assisting the Susan B Kolman Foundation. That his wife had been diagnosed with cancer evidently hit home with many of our members here. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Congrats 914World, we raised $1100.00 right here. You CSOB'S that ring every damned cent out of our poor vendors managed to scrape up $1100.00. thumb3d.gif Thank you World. But what made every post, every dime and every effort worth it was that Dave sent me a hand written Thank You card expressing his thanks to all of us that contributed in any way, at any time. In this day of email, texting, facebook, etc. I can't say how much it meant to me when Dave found made the time in his busy schedule to express his gratitude.

Tom
Yep,
Got mine from Dave last week and made me feel good about our members.
Way to go guys and gals! biggrin.gif
Tom
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 25 2011, 09:22 PM) *

Many of you may remember that a few month's ago one of our members asked for our support is assisting the Susan B Kolman Foundation. That his wife had been diagnosed with cancer evidently hit home with many of our members here. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Congrats 914World, we raised $1100.00 right here. You CSOB'S that ring every damned cent out of our poor vendors managed to scrape up $1100.00. thumb3d.gif Thank you World. But what made every post, every dime and every effort worth it was that Dave sent me a hand written Thank You card expressing his thanks to all of us that contributed in any way, at any time. In this day of email, texting, facebook, etc. I can't say how much it meant to me when Dave found made the time in his busy schedule to express his gratitude.

agree.gif Sandy has a co-worker who lost both her sister and mom and her co-worked was also been diognoised. She also is raising funds for the foundation. We were both pleasantly surprised to see the thoughtful note come in the mail.
jk76.914
I also got a hand written note. I suspected that Dave had a lot of class from his original post, and this just confirmed it!
DNHunt
To all of you, Thank you. The walk was a great experience with fun uplifting moments and times of deep sorrow and I'm thankful I could do it. Every walker has to pledge to raise at least $2300 and it was the contributions from World that put me over the top.

It has always amazed me how generous this group has been. We often laugh about how cheap we are and some people make fun of our cars because they are the poor bastard offspring of a failed partnership but, as a group our hearts are in the right place.

Thanks again for your support

Dave
BMXerror
I put my note in a safe and special spot. It was a very kind and unusual gesture, and it was greatly appreciated. Good luck to you, your wife and anyone else in this fight. Far too many as far as I'm concerned.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.