Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Great courses, good people and you only have to run/work the morning or afternoon.

The last course there was just fantastic, so come on down.

I got about 10% tire left, so hoping to make 4 runs.

Might have to use my 5 year old spares, like at the Cascade Lakes hill climb.

Britain Smith
You gotta talk to them about getting their events listed on Where2Race.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Ok Randle, I added their club and their last two events...let them know.

http://www.where2race.com/clubs/view/norcal-ufo

-Britain
Randal
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 26 2011, 01:45 PM) *

-Britain

I'll talk to Dennis and Peggy on Sunday. I'll even offer to do it for them.

Nice people.
Randal
QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 26 2011, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 26 2011, 01:45 PM) *

-Britain

I'll talk to Dennis and Peggy on Sunday. I'll even offer to do it for them.

Nice people.

FYI here are the remaining events for 2011:

http://www.norcalufo.org/main/index.php?op...s&Itemid=59
EdwardBlume
This is cool....

What Britain is up to...
grantsfo
egads thats ugly! Didnt think he was going to have to chop up the car that much. This will likely be the only 914 we see with this mod. I think Corvette suspension may be easier option.

Pretty sure that knocks him back to e mod now, but why not? SHould be a huge improvement. Just a shame to see a 914 trashed like this.

I feel bad that I cut top off my old 914. I'm big on preserving these cars now. We need more 914-6 GT builds that save these cars.
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 18 2011, 09:01 AM) *

egads thats ugly! Didnt think he was going to have to chop up the car that much. Pretty sure that knocks him back to e mod now, but why not? SHould be a huge improvement. Just a shame to see a 914 trashed like this.

That's cause you're ignorant and nobody can do anything you don't approve of(which changes by the hour) or understand. Stick to checkbook building and leave the thinking/fabrication to those that can. Brit will still have less$$ into hs car than you have into the POS Datsun.
EdwardBlume

I'm big on preserving these cars now. We need more 914-6 GT builds that save these cars.

agree.gif

The number of nice 914s continues to drop daily. Many nice cars are going to Europe never to come back.

That said, Brit's enthusiasm for taking his car to another level is awesome. If it works out, he's a genius. If not, he's learned quite a bit. Either way, he's got coconuts.
Randal
QUOTE(RobW @ Nov 19 2011, 03:51 AM) *

I'm big on preserving these cars now. We need more 914-6 GT builds that save these cars.

agree.gif

The number of nice 914s continues to drop daily. Many nice cars are going to Europe never to come back.

That said, Brit's enthusiasm for taking his car to another level is awesome. If it works out, he's a genius. If not, he's learned quite a bit. Either way, he's got coconuts.

It takes a ton of time to sort out a car after any major modification. The modification level Britain tackled is definitely right there with building a car from the ground up.

When he gets it sorted it will be a very competitive car.

I still like the way we did The Beast, at least the second build, in that we got the suspension dialed in professionally and that made a huge difference. Kind of like "set it and forget it." Of course Bill Pickering had picked the best components for the build which was a huge help. Now Bill Pickering is great at figuring out and dialing in suspension so it works from the start, with maybe just minor adjustments. Of course we didn't add a huge motor to The Beast which made it much easier. In Britain's case he has all the issues with a major transplant and dealing with almost twice the power. As you said Rob, not for the faint of heart.

Don't know but guessing Britain didn't have time before Nationals, given all the mods going on to get back to a base line with the suspension. The more I am around race cars the more you learn the importance of this task. chair.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 18 2011, 09:20 PM) *

egads thats ugly! Didnt think he was going to have to chop up the car that much. Pretty sure that knocks him back to e mod now, but why not? SHould be a huge improvement. Just a shame to see a 914 trashed like this.

That's cause you're ignorant and nobody can do anything you don't approve of(which changes by the hour) or understand. Stick to checkbook building and leave the thinking/fabrication to those that can. Brit will still have less$$ into hs car than you have into the POS Datsun.

Nice to see you have crawled out from under your rock JP. Lol! My cars of late have been much faster than we have seen from your garage or Brits. I'm sure this latest effort will push his car past the street going Datsuns capabilities. Well at least with a fast driver at the wheel that might be the case.

I think for both Brit and you Evo School would have been wise investment rather than some crazy mods.
smokey
QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 25 2011, 09:46 PM) *

Great courses, good people and you only have to run/work the morning or afternoon.

icon_bump.gif
12/4/11 ?

smoke.gif
Randal
QUOTE(smokey @ Dec 3 2011, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 25 2011, 09:46 PM) *

icon_bump.gif
12/4/11 ?

smoke.gif

FYI UFO is running on New Years Day at the Marina.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.