Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Gas Smell Madness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Oh man, I'm stinking up the neighbor good! I can't see any obvious leaks, but I also haven't ripped up my new carpet to get into the tunnel. I guess that's the first step. If anyone in the area who's "in the know" would like to lend a hand or in person directions, I'll supply th beer, cokes, or what ever your vice.

Thanks,
djm914-6
icon_bump.gif
Brad Roberts
William Harris is up there somewhere...

When was the last time the lines under the tank where replaced ?

B
djm914-6
Lines under the tank? Replaced? Well, if'n I gotta pull the tank, I'll need to buy a sway bar. and get my fan working. and clean up the wiper thingies. Oh man this is looking worse than I thought.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Aug 1 2004, 03:09 PM)
Lines under the tank? Replaced? Well, if'n I gotta pull the tank, I'll need to buy a sway bar.

i'll GIVE you my 17mm monoball mount swaybar if you want.
you will need to buy droplinks - i recommend Tarret's as they seem to be the only ones that come with 10mm hardware. and you will need to buy the inner triangles. but the bar is free for the shipping.
Ctrout
If he doesn't want the bar, I'll definately take you up on that offer.
Joe.D
Dave,

If you suspect the lines under the tank, you might try dropping the front cover pan (4 bolts) and looking around for fuel with a light. a bad line there would be a lot easier to fix than the lines in the tunnel. Or having to fix the tank itself. Lifting the tank out isn't too hard, once its empty.

Where in Burlington are you? PM with your location, and maybe I'll find an excuse to come down for an afternoon to help.

Tuna Burgers at Legal - that's my vice :-)

Joe
djm914-6
That tray was removed when I bought the car and until now, I forgot to put it on. No new drips under the car. I'll need to do some poking around I guess.

Legals? Man I could take it to the dealer for that! wink.gif
Dave_Darling
You can change the lines under the tank through the ~6" circular hole from the steering rack compartment to the fuel tank compartment. It's not exactly a whole barrel full of fun, mind you, but it is quite possible! (Bring along extra swear words; you'll need them!)

Drain the tank first.

--DD
william harris
Dave call me: office 978 921-2929 or home 978 626-1199. Eric Sanders and I can come over and check the tank and fuel lines. I replaced my lines with stainless steel ones fabricated by Chris Foley, but I still have the OEM lines and they are in good shape, from the tank back to the engine fire wall. We can jack the car up and inspect in the access hole under the tank. Since I have pulled this all out recently I have no problem checking your fuel lines. TTYL, William Harris
Joe.D
Dave,

Did you find that leak yet?

Joe
william harris
Dave never called. Hoped the car is OK. Gas smell = bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.