Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saying Hello
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgeorgeson
Please move this post if it is in the wrong spot.

A few weeks ago I picked up a 1974 2.0. I found it in Sacramento on CL and bought it from a guy who has owned several over the years.

The good: body and frame are in excellent shape. Some rust in battery tray and the rear trunk, but no structural rust anywhere. It appears to be a fully-optioned car: it has the original fuchs 2.0 wheels, air conditioner, front and rear sways, and the center console with the gauge cluster.

The bad: I have a fuel delivery issue that I am trying to sort out (you may have seen my other posts on this). Needs a paint job. Small dent in front bumber on right side. Needs some interior freshening. High mileage, but I am not sure how high as the odo doesn't work. Last registered in 2007, but it has run since then.

I am hoping to get it up and running to use it for weekend drives and autocross with my son. I am familiar with Porsches (I have a Spec911 race car and a 356), but 914s are completely new to me.

I have more pics, but they are too large. I will try to post later after I reduce them.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
PanelBilly
You picked a great car for having fun. that is if you like to modify and tinker. Did you get a set of jack stands with the car?
pgeorgeson
I do like to tinker (and learn) and am looking forward to working on it. I have jack stands and am also lucky enough to have a 2-post lift, which makes life a lot easier when working on things.
trojanhorsepower
welcome.png

That's one purdy car!

Good luck with it.
jsayre914
welcome.png

Nice looking car, love the color sunglasses.gif

Avoid jackstands at all costs, they can sometime become permanent. driving.gif
ellisor3
Welcome to the insanity. piratenanner.gif ..

welcome.png
pgeorgeson
Aha, a 914 inside joke. So far I have primarily only used the lift to raise her. Looks like I need to do a search for safe and proper lifting and supporting if I use a jack (and jack stands).
zymurgist
welcome.png
TheCabinetmaker
I bought a two post lift about 4 months ago. Haven't used my jackstands since, and hope I never do. I'm too damned old to crawl around under these cars anymore.

Welcome to the 914 world. We're glad to have you.
eric9144
welcome.png

Nice color, let's see some more pictures!
saigon71
welcome.png

You have come to the right place. That car looks pretty good!

pt_700
what the heck is that hump in the front trunk where i'd expect to see the spare tire?

solid looking car, by the way. if you don't mind sharing, what was the purchase price?

welcome to another model of the brand madness!
BKLA
Save those early plates from CA!
--
air conditioned no less! Is it alaska blue?
__
Look up "conedodger". He recently moved to the reno area. He'll hook you up with all the right "reprobates" in the know.
eric9144
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Oct 27 2011, 04:01 PM) *

what the heck is that hump in the front trunk where i'd expect to see the spare tire?

That would be the AC! Does it work?

No undercoating in the wheel wells--that's a good thing. Early CA plates, keep 'em for history, if it ever goes back to CA you can use them again.
markb
welcome.png
uncle smokey
QUOTE(markb @ Oct 27 2011, 07:12 PM) *

welcome.png

That is a great looking car, love the color. Good luck with it.
Tom
Welcome to the forum, and NICE car! Hope you will stay and continue to enjoy your new sickness! biggrin.gif
welcome.png
Really, nice car.
Tom
jimkelly
you may need this - the d jet bible : )

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/#Top

and see this ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=16748

all the best,
jim
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif Post a picture of the donor and the 365!
dlee6204
welcome.png Nice fully optioned car! thumb3d.gif
hwgunner
welcome.png
Great car. Enjoy!

jonathan
hwgunner
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png

As Rick said, "lets see a pic of that donor car" and the 356! I really wish I had the smarts back in the early 80's to purchase a couple of 356's and 914's for dirt cheap. Hind sight confused24.gif
championgt1
welcome.png

You have come to the right place! Nice ride! beerchug.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 27 2011, 08:15 PM) *

welcome.png

You have come to the right place! Nice ride! beerchug.gif

Good looking car! That looks like great driver with a lot of potential to be much more with little effort...Welcome to the World!
my wife hates my car
Click to view attachmentNice lookin' teener....... welcome.png ya know, these guys on here are right about the jack stands (nice lift by the way) I got a new 914, a new jack, a new trans jack, and of course...........new jack stands. Have fun! beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Nice...

What part of town are you in? I am in Damonte Ranch. Exactly what kind of fuel delivery problem are you having? Is the fuel pump making noise? Pretty sure we can figure it out... Rand even has a parts car (well, I thought it was a parts car but he was talking about fixing it)

Hope to see you Saturday next week! I dropped off flyers at Reno Rennsport and EBS. I am hoping to get the Pres to do an email blast next week. smile.gif
Tom_T
welcome.png

Nice find, just needs a little TLC!!!! drooley.gif wub.gif

One of my fav colors, and that DPD AC is the best IMHO, cuz that conical cond. cover in the front trunk allows the spare to fit over it in the normal position without raising the floor board height (the rectangular VPD one raises it several inches cuz the tire sits on top of a rectangular condensor), and the under dash vents & dial controls are properly centered (the VPD dials sit off to the right of the heater/vent control sliders).

Have Fun! beerchug.gif
abnrdo
welcome.png

Nice find!! beerchug.gif
SUNAB914
You did good!
pgeorgeson
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 28 2011, 09:08 PM) *

Nice...

What part of town are you in? I am in Damonte Ranch. Exactly what kind of fuel delivery problem are you having? Is the fuel pump making noise? Pretty sure we can figure it out... Rand even has a parts car (well, I thought it was a parts car but he was talking about fixing it)

Hope to see you Saturday next week! I dropped off flyers at Reno Rennsport and EBS. I am hoping to get the Pres to do an email blast next week. smile.gif

I live in the old southwest, but the car is out by the airport. I am going to try to make it Saturday (at least if it isn't snowing). My fuel delivery issue is discussed in this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=150065&hl=

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.