Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow Zinc Plating?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdArango
Hi All,
Does anybody have any suggestions on a local zinc plater (yellow) that is close by Huntington Beach, CA? I want to send off some of my nuts, bolts, washers and lose odds and ends. Please let me know if you know of someone!..

Thanks!
ED
kconway
Foose uses a guy that I've used in Signal Hill called artistic silver plating. The do nice work but not the bulk process. They bead blast and string up every piece = not cheap,

Kev
9146FAN
I used Orange County Metal Processing in Fullerton. Fast and fair price. I was very happy with the results.
moparrob
You might want to talk to your plater about the pros and cons of using cadmium instead of zinc.

I went to Van Nuys plating and decided to go with cadmium for my linkage and fan pulley.

IPB Image

IPB Image
kconway
Robert's post jogged my memory, the place I used did the yellow cad, not zinc.

Kev
underthetire
Doesn't bruce do plating?
kconway
QUOTE(underthetire @ Oct 28 2011, 07:41 AM) *

Doesn't bruce do plating?

Bruce send his stuff out to be plated by the bucketfull at some place in OC.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(EdArango @ Oct 27 2011, 05:52 PM) *

Hi All,
Does anybody have any suggestions on a local zinc plater (yellow) that is close by Huntington Beach, CA? I want to send off some of my nuts, bolts, washers and lose odds and ends. Please let me know if you know of someone!..

Thanks!
ED

Cadillac Plating Co Inc
(714) 639-0342
1147 W Struck Ave
Orange, CA 92867

Very reasonably priced, quick turn around. Will do in bulk.

Fine Quality Metal Finishing, Inc.
1640 Daisy Street
Long Beach CA 90813

Fine Quality has been around for a long time. Good quality but a bit more expensive than Cadillac.

Good Luck
Joe Irwin
EdArango
Thanks everyone for the leads!!!! This helps!!

ED

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.