Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear sway bar hanging detached
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ammason
Hey all - my new little 75 has a rear anti-roll bar but is missing the linkage connecting it to the trailing arms. When running stiff springs I seem to remember lots of folks pulling the rear off, but I want to know what my best option is with a stock setup. Is it unwise to run around with it detached? Should I spend time / $ putting the linkage back in there? Should I just pull it out and forget about it? She seems to handle just fine as-is....
ArtechnikA
if you have no front bar, I wouldn't run a rear bar.
unless you're some kinda pro-rallye god who loves full-lock oversteer on a regular basis...
914werke
Pull it off & send it to me happy11.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 28 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Heck. If you want one than you can have mine. Off a 73 with everything for it.
shoguneagle
Maybe the question should be: Do I have a limited slip differential? Do I need a rear sway bar?

I have a rear sway bar without a limited slip diff and disconnected it because I did not like the way it affected handling in a corner. That is my two cents!!
914werke
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Oct 28 2011, 07:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 28 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Heck. If you want one than you can have mine. Off a 73 with everything for it.

idea.gif
ConeDodger
I have one on mine and I have it hooked up. I disconnect for track days and have it connected for ax and street driving. It's really driver feel. I have a torque. Biasing differential and like the way it handles with it. Just don't want the rear coming around on me at the track...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.