Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 101 Uses For A Stock Seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
I thought of using the stock seat on my wheelchair before I even got the wc. It was when I was getting fitted for the motorized beast laugh.gif . The recent "office chair thread" reminded me of my idea.

I really want to do the conversion, but I need the stock seat to RECLINE....

Can someone make the seat a reclining seat ? smilie_rolli_1.gif
Rusty
Hi Dave! smile.gif

Making a stock seat recline... your best bet might be an early 911 seat, and see if the upholsterer can cover it to look like a 914 seat. I imagine that you'd want different padding, because the stock seat numbs my butt after a while.

Hope this helps,
Rusty smoke.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Aug 2 2004, 12:14 AM)
I imagine that you'd want different padding, because the stock seat numbs my butt after a while.

Hope this helps,
Rusty smoke.gif

Hmmmmm... idea.gif poor circulation in the gleuteus maximus, eh? cool_shades.gif

while were on the subject..... Does yer butt ever tingle when sitting on hard surfaces with wet pants or shorts??? Always happened to me after swimming cool_shades.gif I hated that. Had to walk around scratching my ass chairfall.gif

......b (TMI?) rolleyes.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Aug 2 2004, 03:30 PM)
while were on the subject..... Does yer butt ever tingle when sitting on hard surfaces with wet pants or shorts??? Always happened to me after swimming cool_shades.gif I hated that. Had to walk around scratching my ass chairfall.gif

......b (TMI?) rolleyes.gif

Uhhh... yeah, TMI. ohmy.gif

I'm a divemaster... wetsuits don't bother me. scuba.gif

Now let's get back to Dave's thread... lol

-Rusty smoke.gif
Korijo
I think the butt part of the 914 seat is more narrow, right ?? I have armrests that might need to be spaced out a bit.

As for the butt pad, I'll prolly cut/shape to fit the "Tempur-pedic" one I have now...

I want to keep the stock 914 look, mainly because of the cool seat covers Curvie Roadlover gave me !!

Thanks again, Curvie pray.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Recline like the stock seat, by moving the side lever?
IPB Image
Korijo
I need the back to recline, not the butt part wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.