Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa top alignment with windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Click to view attachment

Adjusting the the windows begins with the proper adjustment of the doors. And the targa top. First I made sure that, when closing the doors the windows are straight. Then I started to look for issues on the top. Here is what I noticed.
First the targa was not evenly sit on top of the car when latches in place. one side was overlapping the targa bar and and the other side was pushed in a bit. I adjusted it by playing with the screws on the latches front and rear.
The other issue was on the drivers side where the windows was closing properly without gap, I noticed that the rail for the seal was flushed with the edge of the targa, where on the passenger side it was slightly in about the same size as the gap. I removed the rail and re mount it to match the drivers side.

I also had to make some adjustment on the front latch by loosen the two 9mn bolts.

My windows are perfect now and the doors are closing much better.

Ps. I am using an early targa top on a late model and I still was able to make these adjustments. I will change my top soon, as they are different to prevent leaks, but as far as I can tell it looks pretty good. Rain will tell.

When I change the top I will pay close attention at the curves and the way it sits on the car and add to this thread. That will be a summer project.
partwerks
There is a bolt that can be adjusted on the inside of the door to allow it to roll up more or less if needed.
914itis
I was rolling all the way up to the window stopper on the triangle and it was still off.
underthetire
Check your triangle window to the a pillar. My drivers side was off, some people like to hold on to that when they get in the car. The whole piece can be adjusted some.
TargaToy
Is there a possibility your top and doors/door glass are a mix of early and late? I was under the impression your top (or at least the seals) have to match the correct regulator/glass age....73 being the mid year, perhaps. I know I looked this up but can't recall all the specs at this hour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.