Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer door seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
After installing the new outer door fuzzy from 914rubber, the window becomes hard to roll up and down, at one time the seal came off the track as I try to put it down.. if i spray the window with Windex it comes up and down as it should. any ideas? confused24.gif confused24.gif
partwerks
The only thing I could even begin to think of is, maybe something else got out of alignment during the process causing it to rub against it to the point of pushing it up, but when going down also??
914itis
Yep both ways
partwerks
Have you had this door all apart previously? If so, maybe you didn't get something back in place.

Were talking about that fuzzy strip on both sides of the window, correct?
partwerks
I don't know. Maybe the window is tilting out too far and rubbing?

Does that nut on the bottom of the door towards the rear adjust the window or is there something maybe up with that???
Mike Bellis
I have the same problem. The rubber grabs the glass and pops out of the groove. I solved it by removing the rubber and living without it. I know, not much of a fix... I will try again after I get it painted. BTW, it happens on both doors.
914itis
QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 30 2011, 04:28 PM) *

Have you had this door all apart previously? If so, maybe you didn't get something back in place.

Were talking about that fuzzy strip on both sides of the window, correct?

correct, Everything is back in place. The window is straight. As I mentioned, if i spray the window it is fine. The rubber is grabbing on the window. I also made sure that the window is clean.
914itis
QUOTE(partwerks @ Oct 30 2011, 04:32 PM) *

I don't know. Maybe the window is tilting out too far and rubbing?

Does that nut on the bottom of the door towards the rear adjust the window or is there something maybe up with that???

I never touched that screw, you mean the one holding the rear rail? will check that later.
Mike Bellis
Soaking the rubber in a bucket of Armor All may do the trick. I havn't tried yet.
914itis
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 30 2011, 05:06 PM) *

Soaking the rubber in a bucket of Armor All may do the trick. I havn't tried yet.

I will make sure I have some Windex in the glove compartment. or beer may do it beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
partwerks
squirt on a bunch of Rain X.........
Maybe that will help.
Tom_T
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 30 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Don't use ArmourAll..... blink.gif

Try something like Wurth Rubber Care spray on the rubber part (not the fuzzy one) instead of ArmourAll - since the latter gets sticky over time. Most of us that used it on our interior vinyl back-in-the-day later had sticky vinyl.

Otherwise, contact Mikey914/Mark W. for help - he made them, & would be glad to give tips I'm sure! biggrin.gif
smg914
Wax your windows, in and out.
Black22
QUOTE(smg914 @ Oct 30 2011, 07:34 PM) *

agree.gif Mine grabbed and pulled when first installed. Spray wax does a good job of fixing it. Over time it won't be an issue. There just grabbing because it's fresh rubber.
914itis
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 30 2011, 10:48 PM) *

QUOTE(smg914 @ Oct 30 2011, 07:34 PM) *

agree.gif Mine grabbed and pulled when first installed. Spray wax does a good job of fixing it. Over time it won't be an issue. There just grabbing because it's fresh rubber.

you mean regular wax that you use in the car paint?
smg914
Yup
Mike Bellis
Until you drive a couple of times with the window down... Your elbow will make it come loose too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.