Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibilities with my 914 trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So I brought my trailer home. I've always had plans to make one. This just made it easier. I do plan to ditch the tanou cover. It still has the hinges so a deck lid will go back on. In looking at that & the actual space in the trailer. I was thinking of making a canopy for it. Basically building one from the targa bar straight back. That would add quite a bit of available space. Also could be removable. I was also thinking of getting a drop axle with 5x130 hubs & springs. I can open the bottom a little wider & lower that way.

My plans were to make this the ultimate tailgate trailer. I want to add the BBQ on the front. I am an Oregon State Beavers fan with season tickets. Obviously the trailer will be painted orange. The bbq on the front will be painted to look like a beaver head. It will also have its own frame with a hinge on one side. That way when I want to use it I remove the pin & open it. So when barbequing it would be in line with the drivers side. If I were to do the canopy I could put a hinge on the top of the targa bar where it meets the canopy. The mount my TV to the bottom of the canopy. That way I just flip it up to have the tv available to watch.

Anyway that's a couple idea's. Some may never happen confused24.gif . I'd like a few more ideas though to get some more available space. Making the trailer even more useful.
Mike Bellis
Get a Bimini (sp) top for a boat. The large ones can be folded and set up quickly. You just need a pivot point for the rods to mount to and a tie down point for the strings.
shoguneagle
CHANGE FROM OREGON STATE BEAVERS TO "UNIVERSITY OF OREGON DUCKS"!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!

I have been thinking of building the same kind of trailer but it would take a good roller off the road. Thinking also of building an electric hybrid. Thinking also of returning to the road simply as an original 914-4.

I really like your thoughts on the trailer. I would suggest water system, beer keg storage, refer storage for food, and a place to keep the University of Oregon Ducks items. QUACK, QUACK!!!

Yes, I am a University of Oregon fan!!

Steve Hurt
JRust
I do root for the ducks unless it affects my beavers. I don't drink beer.gif well except for Wild Cherry Pepsi. There will definately be room for a cooler/ice box.
biggy72
Oh come on... both of you guys are full of it. Nobody likes the ducks...

...........coming from someone that graduated from WSU in 2008.
Mr.242
Put that thing on JackStands and think about it. No Hurry , okay.......
Mr.242
Okay...on the serious side.

Get a new rear trunk lid and modify the lift to do this! piratenanner.gif
You could even have it lift with a Harbor Freight electric winch...they're 70 bucks or less on sale.
Click to view attachment

I have ideas for the cooler and the BBQ! This thing could really look good.

chowtime.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Jamie, mount the bbq on one of those bike racks that pivots out 90 degrees away from the car that also is a receiver hitch mount. So you can remove it when not in use.

When I do mine (someday) I will use the engine bay for the ice cooler, to store the Cherry Coke and Vodka! BBQ as stated above and the trunk for the wifes crap.
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Oct 30 2011, 07:27 PM) *

Jamie, mount the bbq on one of those bike racks that pivots out 90 degrees away from the car that also is a receiver hitch mount. So you can remove it when not in use.

Ooh I like that idea evilgrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Hahaha! Actually, that was my Mechanical designing project for college (1997). I took a bike rack that swang out of the way to allow you access to the trunk and designed a snowboard rack on top instead of a bike. Got a A- for that.
SirAndy
Did you enter the VIN to the database? biggrin.gif

Very timely post btw. i was just looking at my future trailer today! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif
AZ914
I was going to say 'cool!' and give you advice, but once I saw you were a Beaver's fan I lost interest....

poke.gif laugh.gif
JRust
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:50 PM) *

I was going to say 'cool!' and give you advice, but once I saw you were a Beaver's fan I lost interest....

poke.gif laugh.gif

Hell I am a Beavers fan & am losing interest sad.gif (this year anyway). Next year watch out. We have alot of young players with talent. Next year we are going to be tough. Just keep shooting ouselves in the foot right now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.