Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MORE F_CKING THIEVES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
Sunday night, my truck was stolen from the front of my house in Riverside. Following are images. If you see it, please call the Police.

It is a 1986 Toyoto 4X4 Pickup. Fresh paint and interior. CA license 6G18592.
seanery
That sucks! mad.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 2 2004, 07:30 PM)
That sucks! mad.gif

Ditto.

Need an AK-47? ar15.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Toast
and a rocket launcher, frag. granades, sniper rifle, and an alarm system that electricutes people (for my next vehicle).
Anyone in Canada got one of those?

I have only had it remodeled since March, and it has been vadalize twice and broken into and additional twice. boid.gif

Any of you So. Cal. guys and gals please keep a look out!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 2 2004, 08:43 AM)
I have only had it remodeled since March, and it has been vadalize twice and broken into and additional twice. boid.gif

i recall you talking about that. it sounds like someone doesn't like you. idea.gif

got the suspect's address?

we could send cousin guido on a 914club mission.
wink.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
ill keep my eyes peeled
GWN7
Club and alarm system on mine. Sorry to hear it's gone.

My car dolly went missing fathers day, chained & locked to the boat trailer. Took the wheels off the boat trailer so it didn't go missing too.
MXMARK
Toast that sucks. I had my 1985 Toyota xtra cab 4x4 stolen from me in Canyon Crest back in 1994. I loved that truck so I feel for you. Bummer. Mark
Toast
icon_bump.gif ar15.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 2 2004, 07:59 AM)
we could send cousin guido on a 914club mission.
wink.gif Andy

i do have a cousin guido, and i will send him on a mission if u wish..........
Elliot_Cannon
That sucks big time. I noted the description and your plate number and will keep my eyes open. Good luck.
Cheers, Elliot
skline
Well Toast, I remember not too long ago when you posted that if it werent for bad luck, you wouldnt have any luck at all. That really bites. My cousin had his truck stolen from in front of his house the same way, The cops told him that is was probably already down in Mexico by the time he noticed it was gone. Once across the border, there is no recovering it. They like the older trucks and 4X4 is even more popular. The older ones are not questioned when they go down across the border so they are very popular targets. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your truck is living la vida loca down in Mexico somewhere by now I am pretty sure. I hope you had it insured and can collect some of your loss. Good luck and keep us posted if anything arises. I will keep my eyes open down here in Close to Mexico.
Aaron Cox
dude..if the above is true....
that truely sucks and blows at the same time....

mexican recon mission...i mean a 'fun run' anyone? wink.gif
Bruce Allert
Now THAT'S something that would REALLY PISS ME OFF chair.gif

Sorry to hear 'bout the tragedy. Take Andy up on his Cousin offer.... I would along with a sawed off 12 GA.

.....b
Toast
Yea Scott, Slits told me the same thing.

I have seen two Mexicans in a white Ford pick up truck suspiciously circleing the neighborhood a couple of times. The lady who I rent a room from took down the licence plate #.

Suprisingly, I havent seen them around the last two days. idea.gif finger.gif

I will post the licence plate # when I get home.
Only other suspects are the punk tweeker kids in the neighborhood. Only problem with that is that there are about 3 houses that I would suspect.
Aaron Cox
that sucks...kill the punks who did it ar15.gif ...

on the other hand, this could be the catalyst to get youre new teener running and driving eh? smile.gif
Pnambic
on the other hand, this could be the catalyst to get youre new teener running and driving eh?

though if it doesn't run, it makes it a little harder to steal...

Anyone else seen that Kia commercial where the car cover makes it look like an old Chevy Citation? I need one of those!
Dr Evil
It seems that it is not if your car gets stolen, its when. My Jeep was stole from infront of my house about two years back. the only good thing about it is that I was too poor to put gas in it and it litterally had like one ounce of gas in it at the time. To add to the dumbassed crookes dismay, it had a locking gas cap biggrin.gif . It ran out of gas one mile from my house where it was left. The nearest gas station was 1/2 mile.
The shittier thing was when the cops "recovered" it they had it towed even though I said I would be right there. This ended up costing me another $150 wink.gif
I hear that they love Toyotas in particular down there because there is no toyota sales or something along those lines.

I am sorry for your loss. I think that we should start implementing the code of Hamurabi (sp?) her in the states. If you steal something you should have your hand cut off (or other body parts. Could solve many problems at once!)
john rogers
Check with the San Diego police as they busted a very large ring of car thieve, drug runners, etc today and there were over 40 cars and trucks as they said on the news. Here's a web site link:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/3622099/detail.html
Scott Carlberg
Sorry to hear about your loss Toast,
makes my stereo face-plate theft look not-important.....

Fu#$ that, it still SUCKS to have something YOU've worked hard for,
taken by a couple of ar15.gif Pieces of Dog SHIT! sawzall-smiley.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 4 2004, 11:00 AM)
it litterally had like one ounce of gas in it at the time.

It seems this could be the best theft deterant yet, eh?
A selanoid valve with a hidden switch. Put the valve on the gas line acting as a gas cut off right at the engine. It'd start & (maybe) let them get a 100 feet or so then die.

I gotta think 'bout that one beer.gif

........b
sgomes
If you haven't already done so, spead half a day driving around your neighborhood. I've had two cars stolen from me in different cities and both were found abandoned within a mile of my house. Cop said that many times it's someone who knows your habits and knows your car -- someone in your neighbohood.

I'm really sorry for your loss.
d7n7master
That SUCKZ!!! So sorry Toast.
When the MoFo's stole my 4X4 Chevy Blazer I had gone into Home Depot for maybe 15min. - came out pushing a shopping cart... where's my truck? It was right here.
I was in disbelief - who the F would steal a '90 blazer??? Called the cops and they took me for a ride around the neighborhood to see if we could locate the truck. No luck. Then the cop said to me " I'll bet ya that your truck is being disassembled inside one of these garages - right now. ANY 4X4 is a "hot" target. Bastards are too lazy to get a job so they feed off us. So ya mount an "extra" ignition coil & wire it to your car alarm. When the alarm goes off - so do they!!!
Remember, it could have been worse.
Could have been a teener that was stolen. That would REALLY piss me off. ar15.gif
Toast
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 3 2004, 03:12 PM)
on the other hand, this could be the catalyst to get youre new teener running and driving eh? smile.gif

Already working on it. cool.gif Have spent every night this week working on the engine and FI. smash.gif
Toast
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Aug 5 2004, 11:09 PM)
Sorry to hear about your loss Toast,
makes my stereo face-plate theft look not-important.....

The funny thing is that I have the face plate to my stereo and my XM Roadie (just installed the week before mad.gif ) on my bedroom nightstand. At least I can use my XM Roadie in another vehicle, just have to purchase a new car kit. Don't think my strereo face plate is gonna do me much good without the stereo..... wacko.gif
Toast
Thanks everyone for your concern and commets. I am bumed, but trying to keep my mind occupied by working on my teener.

Thanks John Rodgers for the link!!! I'll check into it.
Toast
RECOVERED!!!

Saw the idiot driving it on the main street I live off of, about 5 miles from my house! slap.gif So, I flipped a B and followed him to the driveway he pulled in. I parked across the street and called the cops, and watched him wash my truck while waiting for the cops to arrive.
Turns out the cops had been trying to catch this guy for a while because he is a gangster. Stole licence plates off another toyota and had them on my truck. Dumbass had My licence plates behind the seat. slap.gif

The cops released it to me there, and I got to drive it home! clap56.gif aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif wub.gif

DAMAGE REPORT
Radio, cubbie under radio, cigaratte lighter, and speakers,... Gone
Ash tray in glove box
Registration paperwork Gone
Broken lower dash on right side
Driver door handle gone
New referbished seat...replaced with torn up greasy seat from another truck,
A pillar trim broken,
minor paint damage

Misc. items missing:
Socket wrench kit, Haynes manuel, blanket, first aid kit, hammer, screws, misc. aerosol cans, Gator net, XM Radio casette adaptor and power plug, stickers on back window, change

Misc still in Truck:
Club, duster, sun visor

Looks like they took it off road, but still runs great. And all electrical seems to work fine.

But hey, I GOT MY TRUCK BACK!!
How rare is that!! I am totally stoked! clap56.gif w00t.gif rocking nana.gif wub.gif smoke.gif girlboing.gif monkeydance.gif aktion035.gif girlboing.gif rocking nana.gif

Thanks to all those looking out for me and your support. beerchug.gif

Fohammer Out... driving-girl.gif burnout.gif
markb
Glad you got the truck back. Maybe you'll get lucky & they'll find more of your stuff in his possesion.
Howard
Dammmmmmn. Best news I've heard today. Happy for you kid! smile.gif
Dr Evil
Fuck ya! smilie_pokal.gif Make sure that dumbass feels it. Sue him for all of your missing stuff. You going back to Los Panchos to have it fixed up again?
Score one for the good guys!
Jenny
Awesome news, Toast. I, too, hope you're able to recover some of the missing stuff.

Even better news? You know where he lives. calvin.gif "revenge is a dish best served cold." Patience, young grasshopper.

Cheers!

Jen
DuckRyder
That is good news and rare.

Seemingly little damage.

(I had a Quantum stolen one time, didn't fare as well)
Red-Beard
Well, I guess I don't have to look around TJ today for your truck. I'll say hi to the Panchos for you and that you'll back soon.

James
JeffBowlsby
We will call you forevermore....TOAST, PI. biggrin.gif

Ever consider a career in law enforcement???

If he still has your registration...he knows where you live too... wacko.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE(Toast @ Aug 6 2004, 11:15 PM)
RECOVERED!!!

Saw the idiot driving it on the main street I live off of, about 5 miles from my house! slap.gif So, I flipped a B and followed him to the driveway he pulled in. I parked across the street and called the cops, and watched him wash my truck while waiting for the cops to arrive.
Turns out the cops had been trying to catch this guy for a while because he is a gangster.

You're Avatar is a little more funny now huh? Congrats btw.
rhodyguy
i take it you watched the silver bracelets go click, click. what a warm fuzzy feeling. i hope he isn't coming back for round 2. i know first hand how nice it is when your ride comes home. see if the insurance co will re-key the truck

kevin
Mr.C
MXMARK
Toast, Great news, I am glad you got it back. Some people are not too smart.

My Mother had her BMW broken into on night. About three days later this guy shows up at my work to buy some motorcycle parts and wants to put it on his girlfriends credit card. Well I did not know my Mother was dating this guy, so the Police came and took him away.

I am happy for you. Mark
sgomes
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

That's great news. I wouldn't worry about the guy coming back. In fact he should be worried if you ever have damage done to your truck or property. The cops are going to be on his doorstep as he would be their prime suspect. My guess is he probably doesn't want cops crawling around inside his house.... unsure.gif Nah, these guys don't want to deal with all that.

Absolutely great news!!!!!! beer.gif
Aaron Cox
Out F-ing Standing! great news to hear!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.