Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Dark Knight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
Have a few things to tweak, but it is a fine car. I may never paint it.

People liked the renegade look to it.

It kept time with the 911S's from the early 70's, and the 911SC's.

Then again, this thing weighs very much less than any taildragger

John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
phillstek
Hello John,

Looks.... "stealthy", I like it, but maybe you should paint all matt black to truly call it "the dark knight".

Phil
Tom_T
Good one Phil! laugh.gif

Yeah Johnnie - I'm particularly fond of those few custom touches you've added - like the rattle can black finish on the doors & lids, the cut down windshield & rollbat to make you look like some giant guy shades.gif he's really only 4'-8", Home Depot blue painters tape holding on the numbers ( idea.gif hmmmm.....one would think dedicated AX/race car - dedicated number badges would be in order), ......
.... and in that last pic you look like you're getting winded trying to peddle hard to keep up with the big boyz!
....puff, puff, wheez!!!! blink.gif poke.gif lol-2.gif

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Oct 31 2011, 01:03 AM) *

But I do see that you've finally turned the GoPro around from watching you drive - to watching the road Mate! lol-2.gif

So.......Nov 19th???
popcorn[1].gif
sean_v8_914
more pictures please!!!
BK911
Looks like a perfect AX / track rat. Scratch or dent, rattle can back to perfection. Although I would personally rattle can it to a different paint scheme. Maybe all flat black like Phil recommended.
Drums66
.....Trippy cool shades.gif
bye1.gif
campbellcj
I like it, but I have a history with unpainted/mismatched fiberglass bits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.