Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indicator light in dash keeps flashing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
The indicator light in my dash starts flashing continually at a faster than normal speed when I turn the key on and still goes when the engine is running. All the turn lights and emergency flasher work as they should. If I use the turn indicator the light indicates as it should but at normal speed.
I don'thave an owners manual so does anyone know if this is a warning of some sort?
AndyB
Have you checked your bulbs both front and rear?
pcar916
agree.gif While you're in there and unless you've done it recently, make sure all of your bulb contacts and connectors are corrosion-free.

Good luck
porschefile2010
Thanks. Yes all the lights front and rear work fine. So I presume the repeated flashing doesn't mean anything apart from maybe a faulty contact or relay?
zymurgist
It's not the brake indicator light, is it? Those have a tendency to flash if the master cylinder switch hasn't been reset, or when there is a fault in the parking brake circuit.
porschefile2010
No, From memory that's a red light in the left hand cluster. This is the direction indictor light in the centre dial/rev counter. I was hoping someone might have a manual where it might tell us if there is a problem when this flashes like this. I get the impression it's not sinister-just annoying
Drums66
.....You're running out of gas??smoke.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.