Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC - Anyone near Salado TX?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
I am looking at a couple of fenders on ebay (TR6)... the guy who has them only wants to ship UPS (think huge $).

He also does not seem to understand that these can be shipped via motor coach instead.

Is there anyone down there that can give me a hand... maybe pick them up and ship them to me via MC.

Will be happy to reimburse you for the effort / gas etc.

Tom_T
Todd, try calling UPS first for their "formula" on L x W x H & wt. first, as it may not be that bad of a cost to go regular ground, & will be insured - which isn't the case with MC. They can work with you a bit to game their formula to try to keep it boxed out of their surcharge size range.

I sent a 914 chrome front bumper up to the PNW last Spring & IIRC it only cost < $0 with $400 insured.

Mark W./Mikey914/914rubber also uses them to ship hip rubber bumper top pbads in his custom plywood boxes (heavier than cardboard alone, and his cost comes in "under the wire" to avoid surcharges.

So it is possible to get reasonable UPS shipping in some cases.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.