Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clock not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pman
Trying to get my clock to work. It does light up but can't get it to run. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Pman
SLITS
About 98% of them don't work - go to the Bird site (www.pelicanparts.com) and look in the 914 Tech articles. There is a write up of how to take it apart and what to look for. I tried one, gave up (no patience) and threw it in the trash. ar15.gif
JmuRiz
Isn't there a way to get some cheepo quartz innards in them, so they work and are accurate? Assuming that the bird-board tech article doesn't work. Anyone know. I'm sure I could source a person to do it via my american car buddies.
BatAc
Really 98% don't work!?! Wow I got lucky on somethin' on this car, heh. It's my best keepin' timepiece. I guess you've already done the basics like cleanin' contacts, correct?
Brad Roberts
He is not kidding. 98% are junk. The only ones I have pulled out that where working had a "Palo Alto Speedo" sticker on them or a "North Hollywood Speedo" sticker on them (meaning they had been rebuilt in the past)

B
BatAc
Knock on wood. No stickers on the back of this one. Original that came new with car. However I keep pullin' out dead pine needles from the darnest places. Guess what this car was parked under for years?
Brad Roberts
I could have guessed the pine needles based on your location...LOL I didnt need to be told.

We get a lot of cars in this area with Pine needles also.

B
MarkV
We get Palo Verde needles & Mesquite pods.

You guys probably have no idea what those are.
SirAndy
QUOTE(MarkV @ Aug 2 2004, 09:31 PM)
We get Palo Verde needles & Mesquite pods.
You guys probably have no idea what those are.

my car came from arizona. all it had was tons of red sand ...

<_< Andy
BatAc
I'll misspell this one for sure but I'm quite famaliar with various AZ thin's including the sound of ciacadas.
John
First thing I would check is the fuse. If your car is like mine and sits most of the time, the clock can and will drain the battery, so I learned (partly from the previous owner) to take the fuse out when not in use.

Just after buying the car, I wondered for a long time why that fuse was out when the clock works just fine.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.