Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pics of HPH/Bontempi front flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Here's some pics of HPH flares. I use them on my car....

Bill P.
nine14cats
nine14cats

The profile has a subtle flare in it that allows for a wider tire/wheel combo.
nine14cats
nine14cats
nine14cats
nine14cats
pic #7

Shows the inside lip contour. The inner lip was removed as I kept the orignal steel inner lip of the car for support.
nine14cats
last one....my wife holding the fender. I weighed it on the digital bathroom scale.

4.5 pounds....don't know how accurate...but she has no problem one arming it.... laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Thanks, Bill and thanks to your muscle bound toolwench Doris, also biggrin.gif

The fronts don't *look* as if they are any more flared than my present fenders....tho the shape is more pleasing. I'll be interested in seeing your attempts at flaring them morre....hope the well ain't dry.There is no way I could get 10 inch wheels under mine.

Thanks again.
nine14cats
I'm going after the wider tires and rims. So I'll be practicing my f/g work by hybriding these things....I'll let you know how it goes...

Bill P.
nine14cats
I can fit a 23x9x15 cantilever slick under the front on a 15x7 cookie with 28mm spacers....no rubbing. The flare is subtle, but it is bigger than a stock fender....
Brad Roberts
Measure that slick from side to side. Curious to the actual size.. I forget what they measure.

B
nine14cats
B,

Just measured the slicks in my garage. 23x9x15 canti is:

tread = 9.2 inches across

tire width (casing) = 10.3 inches across

Bill P.
nine14cats
JP...my wife is standing next to me...she wants to know why you don't think her front looks flared? wink.gif

laugh.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 2 2004, 07:25 PM)
JP...my wife is standing next to me...she wants to know why you don't think her front looks flared? wink.gif

laugh.gif

Bill P.

I wouldn't touch that line wih a stick laugh.gif
Trekkor
Bill and Doris,
Joe Hoppa runs his S2000 at PCA a/x...RUN YOURS!!!

How can you stand it?

Trekkor
Brad Roberts
I saw you post in this thread (Trekkor) and was ready to blast you IF you asked about his flares...LOL

B
nine14cats
Trekkor,

It's pretty tough not running. Bad.

As far as the S2000...pure commuter car...until the withdrawls get too bad....

hmmmm....ask B about flares....g'head...g'head...

Need another zoomy teener to play against....

smilie_pokal.gif

Bill P.
Trekkor
If I get my homemade flex front air dam completed by Sat a.m. you'll blast me anyway! monkeydance.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
I like Trekkor.. dont get him shot.

Damn.. I wish Trekkor could bring the BBQ pit with him to Alameda AND the car. idea.gif

B
Trekkor
Oh, you mean this?

Construction shot.
Brad Roberts
Maybe... just Maybe... Bill will come and cook for the 914 folks at the AUTOX.. how COOL would that be ?? He talked about an event/gathering at his house.

Kick in some cash for food.. fire it up in the morning.. I guess we could do that from any grill...

HUm.. why dont people cookout at AutoX's ?? maybe we CANT.

B
Britain Smith
Anything will be better than the $30 Chevy's meal they are organizing.

-Britain
Trekkor
So...where can can I get me some of them...

Nevermind.

More BBQ chowtime.gif

KT
nine14cats
Alameda would SHIT!

They have a guy that walked around where we used to pit and yelled at the women with babies and children to keep away from the shade because they were too close to the buildings......

Great surface, but the rental types there are a-bites....

Let's cook!

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
When I see the grease stains running down the front of the grill.. I imagine YOU with grease stains running down your face (from "testing" the sauce) and running down the table cloth you are wearing..LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Bill,

Birgit and I worked the front gate at the last event.... NO SHIT... The RoachCoach comes in and signs in.. Birgit and I about PUKED barf.gif RIGHT F_CKING THERE IN THE WINDOW....

RAID

We couldnt believe it. We thought it was a joke.... we kinda pointed at the can and the people just looked at us like we had a problem... needless to say we didnt eat anything off the Roachcoach.

B
Jenny
Alameda is this weekend? One day or two? I'm thinking of coming out to play. Too bad the car's running the worst it's ever ran since I got it running. wacko.gif

Jen
Brad Roberts
I told you what to do...

START A THREAD NOW !! and figure it out. It sounded just fine when you left the shop the other day.

B
Jenny
low
low
low
low idle... sometimes dies coasting up to red lights. Is that still a battery problem?

I know I'm due for a valve adjustment. And oil change. Would lack of either one cause this problem?

Jen
EdwardBlume
You're supposed to keep peddling at a stoplight. Just kidding. Its your car telling you to practice heel / toe for autocrossing Saturday. Thats right Saturday. I'll bring my monster weber grill. wink.gif
Jenny
Not sure I'll do both days. Which day is better? (if I have to choose only 1) Was leaning towards sunday.

Jen
Randal
but she has no problem one arming it....

I wouldn't mess around with her Bill. No wimp that Lady!

And Jenn..

I think the course on Saturday is going to be great... going the other way (clockwise) on Sunday only time will tell.
brant
Bill,

tell me what the front turn signal lenses are on your fg fenders...?

are they stock plastic lenses painted over?

thanks for your time
brant
nocones
Okay, I missed something. AutoX at Alameda this weekend?
I just picked up my new 914 this weekend and would love to give it a shake down.
Details please!

Michael monkeydance.gif

74' 914/8
nine14cats
Hi Brant,

The lenses on the fenders are stock that have been spray painted black from the inside....kinda sinister like... smile.gif

Bill P.
J P Stein
Bill:

I'm trying to figure out if the HPH front flares will do me any good for a 10 inch slick. At present, I have 2.5 inches from the outside of my fender to the outter edge of the wheel (7 inch width, no spacers). See pic.

I *think* I could get a 9 inch wheel in there & maybe a 9 inch slick.....or stick with a 7 inch wheel and cantis.

From your pics, with the spacers you are running, the wheel seems to be about an inch from the outer edge of your HPH flares.....true?

I'm just flat screwed in back.....can't get cantis in there with my present flares. Since them things don't like as much negative camber as I have, it only gets worse.
brant
thanks Bill...

cool...
b
Randal
Info on Alameda:
nocones
Hmmm... sounds like fun, but will the PCA Nazis poo-poo my hybrid car and tell me it's not a 'real' Porsche?

Michael monkeydance.gif
Trekkor
I'm sure you'll get to run in "FUN" class with all the other non-Porsche cars that seem to be there.

Lamborghini, Honda, BMW, Suburu, VW, Mazda etc.

Just more cars to spank! spank.gif

KT
nine14cats
JP,

Brad has a few 10x16's with race slicks on them. I'll borrow one and bolt it up this weekend...I'll let you know what it looks like....

I think the biggest 10x16 would be the 22x10x16 Hoosier...Goodyear don't have one that small....

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.