Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doc Evil's Transaxle Builds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Doc Evil has outdone himself on my transaxle build.. Everything from the building process, to finishing, to shipping was done in the highest level of care, concern, and personal integrity. Lookingt at the transaxle and how it was shipped, I see the personal attention to every detail in producing one of the finest finished product that I have ever seen.

The Doc is one of a few people that I have seen in my life time who I would completely trust to build any of my needed parts, etc. I do not need to get involved since I know he builds to the highest level of personal integrity. Even more so, he seeks to keep the rest of us informed on how, why, etc; I believe Doc is a natural teacher who really likes to see people learn and understand; willing to share his knowledge and expertise.

Eric Shea is another one like the Doc.

How do I know?? I have seen a lot of different people in my 70 years; military, banking, aviation, etc so they both have been judged with all my background. You can depend on the highest quality job from each of them.

Do support all our manufacturers, vendors and members because this is where we all get the best help. There are many of our members who do operate at this level.

How many people put themselves through medical school building transaxles and still do it as something to support his other toys the Doc has in the hopper???

Thanks, Doc, for everything. Now get back to work being the "GREAT DOC EVIL OF THE EVILWORKS".

Steve Hurt
Retired International Banker
Retired United Airlines SFO Maintenance Facility
Retired USN and Reserves 29yrs, 9 mo, 2weeks, 2days
Retired Registered Investment Advisor, Calif. Real Estate Broker, SEC Registered Principle
Cairo94507
My transaxle is with Doc Evil now! I am so excited to get it back and see it all bead blasted, built and in perfect condition and geared for the 3.2 that will be going in my car. I would love to display it in my family room but I am pretty sure my wife would kill me. Alas, it will reside in the garage until it is time to install it.

No hurry Doc, take your time. You can bet I will post pictures when I have them.

OH, and the Doc has been terrific to work with.
Dr Evil
smiley_notworthy.gif People like you guys keep me coming back smile.gif

Cairo, I will be starting a thread on yours similar to Scotty B's thread on what goes into a proper, full rebuild smile.gif Stay tuned....I am on call this weekend, though so not sure when I can start wink.gif
bigkensteele
Yeah, he's ok... when he isn't hitting the dairy products. icon8.gif poke.gif

Seriously, the Doc is one of the finest guys I have had the pleasure of meeting. Whether he is rebuilding your transmission or squeezing puss out of multiple sores on a homeless guy's head, he will do it with the utmost attention to detail. Thankfully, I only needed help with my tranz.
Elliot Cannon
And he has a great talent for convincing people what a great guy he is!! happy11.gif lol-2.gif
Cairo94507
OH BOY! This will be fun to see. That GA gear set should be at your place today I hope.
shoguneagle
Sorry, but the GA set is in my transaxle build!!!!!! After all my name is "mr.PITA". LOL!!!

I could not resist "diggin'" Doc Evil!!!

Mike built my transaxle with A,F,O,X, flipped H gears. AKA, "a flipped FOX". This should keep my fifth gear rpm somewhere around 2800rpm at about 70mph. The gears 1-4 should give me very good gear range to match the 3.2 Carrera engine.

Right now the transaxle is setting in my living room with my wife walking around it with a glare in her eyes I just understand. It does make a great decoration piece and does match everything in the room!!!! LOL

seriously, the transaxle is so well done that I just hate to put it in the car; but, once I get it in the car my "hot rod days" have returned. There will be many trips in the 914 once I get it shaken down and dependability established.

Again, thanks to Mike.

Steve Hurt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.