Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poker Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I've done a bit of research on the topic. We're going to do one for the Fall Foliage Classic.

This is a copy of the proposed idea for my group. I think something similar would work well with the shorter 70 mile run Howard found.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. We arrive at our predetermined start location
-Drivers are given a map with directions to the next point.
-Cars are sent out at XX minute intervals.

2. Cars arrive at Checkpoint A where they receive a poker chip.
-Drivers (or passenger) are asked to compete a task (hop on 1 foot for 60 seconds for example)
-When task is completed Driver (or passenger) receives 2nd card, map and directions to next point.

3. repeat step 2

4. repeat step 2

5. All drivers reach point 4 and do the last task.
We take off as a group and finish the remaining tour en masse.

I like the idea because it gives us all a chance to drive individually and to cruise as a large group.

6. When we arrive at our final destination hands are made with the 5 cards each car should have. The best hand wins a prize.

The poker chip itself shows that each player made it to the checkpoint, cards are easy to fake/cheat and adds a keepsake/memento for the event.
lagunero
Great idea! Sounds like something that was mentioned at the first mtg. Good luck, should be lotsa fun. Hopping on one foot while chugging a beer might spice it up a bit ohmy.gif
Andyrew
Sounds good. But this wont be a problem for those of us underage? wink.gif

I like it.

Andrew
Toast
How about having everyone meet at the same location. Each car is given a map. There will be two maps, going two seperate routes. Each map will lead you to the same destination. The paths will cross each other at some point it time. (this will be funny to see who gets confused and goes the other way. wink.gif ) Everyone arrives at the same location.

I know there is a name for this.........
drew365
I know there is a name for this.........

Yeah, chaos. But I like your thinking. It depends on how many people get involved in setting up the Poker Run as to how intricate we can make it. I think if it is done well it could be the main event of each WCC and make a track day optional. I've been on rally's in the middle of the forest and watched cars going in every direction and not know who was lost and who wasn't. It can be a lot of fun as long as your co-pilot doesn't get pissed. chair.gif
Jeroen
Ah yes... the good old stress between couples driving/navigating a rallye
Always good fun to see them arguing happy11.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
drew365
My friend Bob who lives at Point Hueneme has been on several poker runs in the area with a Harley group. He thinks he can dig up a set of directions which would be a good starting point. The only thing is all the check points are bars. Do you think this group would mind? beerchug.gif
Andyrew
As long as you dont have to be 21 or whatever to go in the bar... or if we stay outside, or whatever..

I wouldnt mind...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.