Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug nuts - polish or buy new chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Anyone polish their lug nuts? Recommend where to buy new chrome.
anderssj
Another option: lug bolt "covers" . . .

Volvo PN 9139853, cost is around $20 for 20 caps. Not sure who makes them for Volvo (made in Taiwan). They're plastic, but look to be plated with "gen-u-wine krome." A picture on back of package shows them in black too, but no PN.

They look pretty good, but will take some messing with to make them fit perfectly. There are little wedges molded into the inside of the cap that make it fit tighter as it is pressed on. These wedges are a little too thick for the 914 lug, and they keep the cap from completely seating (about 3/16" away, as shown in the picture). Also, not sure how the caps will hold up over the long term (flaking. cracking, etc.).

Click to view attachment

Hope this helps!
thelogo
hey stu speed ,

i take from you picture posted that your lugs will be holding on

FUCH / fox 4 bolt wheels .

if that's the case , in my opinion these are unbeatable as far as price and looks

NOT ORIGINALITY , the guy is great , shipp's right away and I had no problems.

no to mention best price and look I could find .

ebay redirect , and i'm not a seller just a satisfied customer .

and remember they only hold your wheels on !!!!! driving.gif

link below or just type in on ebay , 914 lug bolts , schroll to bottom of page list price is buy it now 115 bucks . deal of the century . when I bought a year ago price was only 109 . poke.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHROME-LUG-BOL...#ht_1439wt_1398

r_towle
I pullled and polished one at a time over the course of a year...still working on it...
It takes some time, but its free.

Rich
thelogo
beerchug.gif

cheap sob alert ,

nothing against cheap sob's . beer3.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.