Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R.I.P. to 14 cars and trucks for 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
"Once upon a time Chrysler took a boring small car (the Neon), grafted a body that recalled 1930s-era roadsters on top of it and created the PT Cruiser."

Forgot to mention that they ditched the 4 wheel independent suspension of the Neon in favor of a beam axle.

From a 400,000 mile former non-boring Neon owner.

Actually, I'll miss the Crown Vic. Easiest cop car to pick out in traffic. wink.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 2 2011, 05:12 AM) *

Actually, I'll miss the Crown Vic. Easiest cop car to pick out in traffic. wink.gif

Ain't that the truth...one thing my dad's friend told me a long time ago was if you're driving at night and you see amber parking lights on the inside of the headlights, slow down! It won't always be a cop but if it is a cop, it will have those lights. Hasn't failed me yet
JawjaPorsche
My son is a cop and he said the Crown Vic is one tough car. He said they have purchased several Chrysler but they keep breaking down with engine and brake woes.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 2 2011, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 2 2011, 05:12 AM) *

Ain't that the truth...one thing my dad's friend told me a long time ago was if you're driving at night and you see amber parking lights on the inside of the headlights, slow down! It won't always be a cop but if it is a cop, it will have those lights. Hasn't failed me yet

BMXerror
I said 'thank god' to most of those except the Lotus.
Mark D.
avidfanjpl
My neighbor is a CHP in OC. He hates the Crown Vic. They are getting new cars, and he is hoping for a Hemi. Tustin PD has them and they are COOL looking!

And they go FAST!

CHP has to wait until each car has way over 150K-200K on it.

He is not sure how far they will go this time with his 2010 Crown Vic, because his is only a year old, and he shares it with 2 other officers.

They are real good at doing that push spin, but forget it with any big bad supercar.

But, then again, they have radios. I heard of 3 stories of idiots going fast on the 55 to 91 East at 2-5 am (his shift is 5 to 5, Sun-Wed). They caught every one of them. One was a Cayenne Turbo S, and 2 AMG Merc SL's. All 3 cars were impounded. All 3 drivers were driving their daddy's cars. 1 was really drunk. The Cayenne driver hid in the closet, and drove the SUV into the back yard to hide it. The broken down fence gave it away. LOL!

He won't talk about the radar. They are not supposed to, I think, but I suspect it is instant-on laser in this region.

OC give out more big tickets per capita than most other counties, except LA.

LA is a ticket gold mine!

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.