Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Howard
Edited 11/9/2004

Due to conflicts at track we have had to change dates.

Please go to new posting
Brad Roberts
Damn. Nice place. Good job for nailing this down.

B
Trekkor
Yessss.

All the good stuff.

Thank you!

Trek'n to the WCC
McMark
Howard, this is great news. I'm already feeling rushed to bring my car up to snuff.
rick 918-S
When I saw the title of the post the hair went up on the back of my neck. From half way across the country read my lips! After 04, I wouldn't miss 05 for the world! For those of you that didn't make 04, nows your chance to meet some of the best people and see some of the greatest cars ever!
ThinAir
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Aug 2 2004, 11:12 PM)
Howard, this is great news. I'm already feeling rushed to bring my car up to snuff.

Gotta start getting the engine back together!
Chris914n6
Niiiice.
The wedding parts scare me. I'd better pick my traveling companion carefully. laugh.gif

I'll have to schip skool for a few days to do it all. Oh well, let fun be had beerchug.gif
swood
I should be done with the car(s) by then.. driving.gif .

two steps forward three steps back. blink.gif
Howard
Oh, forgot to mention. Hotel will give us our own wing with garden patio and private parking lot. Since we are putting on the track event ourselves, run what you brung (but no motorcycles on track). No excuses about teener not running, be there. Beck's beer wants to sponsor, but I'm holding out for Jose Cuervo.
rick 918-S
Howard you rock!

Swood eggplant is coool!
Howard
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 2 2004, 10:28 PM)
Niiiice.
The wedding parts scare me. I'd better pick my traveling companion carefully. laugh.gif

I'll have to schip skool for a few days to do it all. Oh well, let fun be had beerchug.gif

While I may not have the power to perform the marriage ceremony, as Captain I can say a few words to get you through the weekend biggrin.gif
wheelo
Lookin - Good !!!

Thanks for Advance Notice ....

rocking nana.gif
dinomium
If I start whining now, I just might be there in one of my 914s
HOWARD ROCKS! rocking nana.gif
AZ914
Howard,

Thanks for the hard work by you and the rest of the WCC 05 team! rocking nana.gif It should be a blast! BECKS rocks (been to their brewery twice). Make sure they throw in some freebees!
rhodyguy
howard, have the group rates been stated by the hotel? what is the projected cost to be a paticipent in WCC05? the april dates seem to be nice for the weather/ heat. let's see. 1 day to sacramento, and a run to the coast.

kevin
Ferg
Ferg, and hopefully Fergwife, and new Fergbaby are looking forward to attending smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif
red914
the plan sounds great! mueba.gif need to start prepping the teener now, and begin the buildup to full-on grovelling to peak about the first of the year. pray.gif this is in the realm of possiblity!
Allan
Gotta start packing! boldblue.gif
skline
Howard's DA MAN!! I look forward to seeing everyone there and having the best 914 gathering in the world. Maybe this time we will get national news coverage? Someone has to recognize these little cars. I will have mine done for sure and ready for show, shine and drive. Maybe even race a little. If I do race, I will be trailering the car up there. Its still a 30 some year old car and things can break. This is going to great!
morph
We will definitely be there, Who are the people in charge of the event this year? We want to make some donations to the raffle.
skline
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Aug 3 2004, 10:47 AM)
We will definitely be there, Who are the people in charge of the event this year? We want to make some donations to the raffle.

That would be Howard, you may want to PM him for more information. Thats great that you will be there this year, I was hoping to meet you at the last one. I look forward to meeting you.
Toast
aktion035.gif......still need a girl one........

I may even have my very Own teener running by then!!

driving-girl.gif burnout.gif
Jeroen
Good to see you've pinched a date and location smilie_pokal.gif
That means we can quit arguing and start planning biggrin.gif

Last days of april are gonna be a bitch to get away from the office wacko.gif
I guess we can catch a flight on friday, arrive on friday start having fun
We'll prolly make it a 2 week family vacation (Christie and Zoey will be coming along)

... is it april yet? Can't wait to get there biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
mike_the_man
Well, I guess I've gotta be there. No excuses this year. I already told Slits I'd buy him a beer, so I pretty much have to be there. Plenty of advanced notice, so I should be able to have enough saved by then. Now, the question is, do I drive or fly? And if I drive, do I dare bring the teener? How many other western Canadians are gonna go? Maybe we could convoy down. Strength on numbers and all.
mike_the_man
It's only 1900 miles, the teener will make it, right? ohmy.gif
914werke
Alrighty then smilie_pokal.gif Sounds good what Track?
Howard you ARE da Man!
run what you brung (but no motorcycles on track).

BOO HISS finger.gif Whats up with that?
Mueller
smilie_pokal.gif

Ventura, CA...birthplace of ME smile.gif....what a special place, LOL

time to start planning......only 9 months for me to change my mind on what I am doing to my car, hahahahaha
Ctrout
I don't know if I'll be able to make it because my job has a bad habit of ruining my plans from time to time. In 2001-2002 they sent me out of country for 12 months and I wasn't able to bring the wife and kids. THAT SUCKED! Anyway, if I could make it, maybe we folk from the North could arrange a couple pick-up points to meet and convoy down. I'm very near to Boise, Idaho so that would work or perhaps Eugene, Oregon or Salt Lake City, Utah depending on the route people are taking. I hope my car will be ready for an extended trip by then. Also remember that much of the West has 75mph expressway speed limits so be sure the car is up to sustained high speed driving. Mapquest shows Salt Lake as the best meetin place for me to catch a convoy from Regina, SK.
Andyrew
Looks like a really nice place!!

As long as the cost stays down, then I think we'll be good!

How long I get to be there depends on how much school I can miss biggrin.gif

Andrew
bernbomb914
I will be there with bells on . If I can be of any help Howard Let me know. maybe I can get 914#2 ready by then. Vernura is a nice place and Apirl will have nice weather at the beach. Hwy 150 from Ojai to Carpintera is a blast to drive thru some nice country. Looking forward to the event.

Bernie
Howard
I don't want to get too specific about the various events and venue since this is far in advance and much could be subject to change. But here are some basics that should not.

'Track' event wil be full day 914club rental of 'Streets' course at Willow Springs Monday, 5/2. R&T uses it for their comparison testing, so look at some of their issues for notes and pictures. The track is very technical. Not high speed, but more the kind of situations you would run into in spirited street driving. No timing, no wheel to wheel racing, and passing only in very limited places. Cars started 20 seconds apart. There is only one spot on main straight where you may exceed freeway speeds, and then not by much. Kinda like a fast AutoX w/o the damn orange thingies.

Track day will be Monday, there will be no extra charge for attending, and strongly advise all who can show up. A fun event, not a race.

Bikes: Track rules won't allow bikes and cars on the track at the same time. Because of the tight turns it is not well suited to you cafe racers, but if we get enough people interested (say 10) we can have a separate run group for bikes.

Here's a picture of the track. We will not run the northern loop as it has a high speed banked turn where you can hurt yourself. Visit the Willow Springs site for more info.

Hotel. Cost will be $60 to $90 per night rooms to suites. Will try to have Hotel comp a couple of suites for hospitality rooms that could also be used as no charge crash pads for starving students and such. Bring a sleeping bag.

As stated before, the main venue will be Friday night thru Sunday afternoon. There will be activities for early arrivals Thursdayand Friday, and of course the track on Monday. One entry fee will cover all but extra meals, accomodations and special events Thursday and Friday.
Howard
Track tour. Before you all kick my ass on this...

Sorry for the big size. This was the first time out on a track in almost 35 years, and first time trying to make a movie. Suzi was still silver at that time, prior to getting nailed in the parking lot. First try
ppickerell
We (wife and I) should be able to make it. I am reasonably certain that my car will be running by then.......If not I'm bringing the Boxster! I bought a laser marking machine which comes in in October. I am willing to laser etch some kind of plaque out of stainless steel or brushed aluminum for participants as my contribution. Design your logo yet?
drew365
Nice video Howard, where were all the other cars when you shot it. Now the out of towners can practice at night. A fast car can top 120 on the straight so I'm going to stay out of your way when your on the freeway. biggrin.gif
Toast
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Aug 4 2004, 07:03 PM)
Design your logo yet?

Thought of a logo to use that I think would look neet. But, need someone to draw it out for me. I can't even draw stick figures very well. laugh.gif
Andyrew
Soooo... Can the v8 cars and other high hp cars have a burnout contest at the skidpad? biggrin.gif

hehehe..

Is there a drag strip? hehehe

A map of the track, yay! now I can study! (gona get me some video's... watch them over, and over, and over, and over....
Howard
QUOTE(drew365 @ Aug 4 2004, 07:16 PM)
Nice video Howard, where were all the other cars when you shot it. Now the out of towners can practice at night. A fast car can top 120 on the straight so I'm going to stay out of your way when your on the freeway. biggrin.gif

Wow, I gotta get me a twin plug 6! Can't get Suzi past 80's on the straight, not that I ever try to drive that fast on the FWY wink.gif That was at the Shelby club open track. Not too many cars and they were starting us 30 seconds apart. I'll try to dig up some more.

Andyrew, actually it's a pretty straight line all the way to Modesto from there, so go for it. Will give you skid pad for 20 minute burnout demo, but do bring the trailer if you want to take it home driving.gif

Patrick, that sounds really elegant. Thank you.
Part Pricer
Timing is everything.

Last night, I was speaking on the telephone with another 914Club member. Part of our conversation was about the WCC, in particular WCC 2005. My wife overheard my end of the conversation. When I got off the phone she asked, "What about going to California?" I told her about the WCC and said that I was considering going next year. She just rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever". For those of you not married, this is very far from having approval.

Today, we went out and bought her a new car. Now, this wasn't an overt bribe. We had been planning on this for a little while. But, it did help to grease the skids. On our way back from the dealership, I more earnestly stated "I think that I'm going to go to California at the end of April". She was much more receptive to the suggestion. She said, "Tell me about this WCC thing". I was in the middle of my explanation when we arrived home.

There, waiting for me, was my copy of Excellence that came in the mail today. While I finished my explanation, I flipped it open to page 147. My wife said, "You should go". Then, I turned the page. She saw the picture of Brad's ass. bootyshake.gif Now, she is considering attending as well. w00t.gif

End result, I'm in!.
Jeroen
Man I feel sorry for ya...
My wife actually MADE me go to the WCC 2004
She's the best wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Ctrout
I'm still working to get past the "whatever" stage. It might be a long cold winter.
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Aug 5 2004, 05:49 PM)
I'm still working to get past the "whatever" stage.

Why don't you try buying her a new car? biggrin.gif
Ctrout
Just got her her dream car less than a year ago. Chevy Astro AWD. She is the soccer mom from H... Maybe a new Boxster would change her tune. idea.gif
skline
Show her Brad's ass in the Excellence magazine and maybe she will want to go too. lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
grantsfo
I'm there! A 914 day at SOS will make it all worthwhile. Think I still remeber al the tricks to getting around that track quickly. For those of you who dont know the track its like a giant autocross with elevation.
bondo
My wife and I plan on going. If I bring a spare trans, will anyone volunteer to help us swap it in if I break my trans on the track? smile.gif
Howard
Absolututely! I volunteer Slits! biggrin.gif
skline
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 9 2004, 02:25 PM)
Absolututely! I volunteer Slits! biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, he can do it pretty quick. I will assist him as he has me in the past. Howard will hand us tools.
Howard
Scott, I may not know much about cars, but do know a good mechaniac when I see one. Just don't tell the a-hole I said anything nice about him. You going to Ventura?
skline
I most likely will go up but it wont be in the Chalon, It still isnt ready for the road yet. I have been swamped the last few weeks and just have not done anything to it. Elliot Cannon came by on Sunday to pick up that adapter and made a comment on how the garage looked all cleaned up and organized. That was quite a battle in itself. When is the GAF again?
carreraguy
GAF is Sept 11th & 12th. Would be nice if we had a good showing of Teeners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.